Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-21 20:17:05

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Gardening Quotes

Garden Quotes

1. The best place to find God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. - George Bernard Shaw

2. Won't you come into the garden? I would like my roses to see you. - Richard Brinsley Sheridan

3. Gardens are not made by singing 'Oh, how beautiful,' and sitting in the shade. - Rudyard Kipling

4. We must cultivate our own garden. When man was put in the garden of Eden he was put there so that he should work, which proves that man was not born to rest. - Voltaire

5. God Almighty first planted a garden. And indeed, it is the purest of human pleasures. - Francis Bacon

6. I don't like formal gardens. I like wild nature. It's just the wilderness instinct in me, I guess. - Walt Disney

7. I read, go for walks and I love to garden. My hands are such a mess. People think I should have movie star hands, but they're just gardening ones. Always slightly grubby and with a bit of dirt under the fingernails. - Amanda Donohoe

8. Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are. - Alfred Austin

9. I love things that are indescribable, like the taste of an avocado or the smell of a gardenia. - Barbra Streisand

10. My extravagance is my garden - it's the first thing I look at every morning when I wake up. It gives me so much pleasure. - Ina Garten

11. Everyone wants instant everything, and they want instant success, but I always think you should treat things in the arts like a garden, and let them grow. - Penelope Keith

12. I love decorating my home. I'm a gardener too, so that's usually something I have to play catch up with. - Suzy Bogguss

13. If a person cannot love a plant after he has pruned it, then he has either done a poor job or is devoid of emotion. - Liberty Hyde Bailey

14. I love being in my garden. I don't plant a lot of exotic flora, but I do spend a lot of time outside doing manual labour. - Jacqueline Bisset

15. I got a little house in East L.A. and did the gardening. I was doing some acting here and there, doing my own thing... getting back to reality. - Adam Ant

16. I adore gardening and plan to take it up properly when I have a bit more time on my hands. Until then, I love pottering in garden centres. I'm totally low maintenance. I don't ask for fancy plants, just basic, long-lasting shrubs that look nice. But I am particular about flowers. - Shilpa Shetty

17. I am a particular fan of integrative exercise - that is, exercise that occurs in the course of doing some productive activity such as gardening, bicycling to work, doing home improvement projects and so on. - Andrew Weil

18. One of the least arduous but most productive of gardening jobs, the magic of deadheading never fails to delight me. It was a revelation when the principle was explained to me: that flowers are the attempt by the plant to reproduce itself. So if you cut the heads off before the flower turns into seeds, the plant will continue to flower. - Tom Hodgkinson

19. Cooking, decorating, diet/self-help and gardening books are guilty pleasures and useful time fillers. - Hillary Clinton

20. I like to keep fit, and when not gardening or singing solo or in a choir, I cycle, play tennis, swim, dance, and practise yoga. Jane Hawking.

image.jpg?w=550

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer