Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-19 18:10:41

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Architecture Quotes

Architecture Quotes

1. Architecture is the learned game, correct and magnificent, of forms assembled in the light. - Le Corbusier

2. We shape our buildings; thereafter they shape us. - Winston Churchill

3. Architecture is a visual art, and the buildings speak for themselves. - Julia Morgan

4. The mother art is architecture. Without an architecture of our own we have no soul of our own civilization. - Frank Lloyd Wright

5. We require from buildings two kinds of goodness: first, the doing their practical duty well: then that they be graceful and pleasing in doing it. - John Ruskin

6. The ancient Romans built their greatest masterpieces of architecture, their amphitheaters, for wild beasts to fight in. - Voltaire

7. Architecture is not an inspirational business, it's a rational procedure to do sensible and hopefully beautiful things; that's all. - Harry Seidler

8. All the revision in the world will not save a bad first draft: for the architecture of the thing comes, or fails to come, in the first conception, and revision only affects the detail and ornament, alas! - T. E. Lawrence

9. Architecture, of all the arts, is the one which acts the most slowly, but the most surely, on the soul. - Ernest Dimnet

10. Bridges are perhaps the most invisible form of public architecture. - Bruce Jackson

11. All architecture is great architecture after sunset; perhaps architecture is really a nocturnal art, like the art of fireworks. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

12. For many years, I have lived uncomfortably with the belief that most planning and architectural design suffers for lack of real and basic purpose. The ultimate purpose, it seems to me, must be the improvement of mankind. - James Rouse

13. I don't divide architecture, landscape and gardening; to me they are one. - Luis Barragan

14. The principle of the Gothic architecture is infinity made imaginable. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

15. Architecture is a code. It's a pure code, derived from the dimensions of nature. - Santiago Calatrava

16. Prose is architecture, not interior decoration, and the Baroque is over. - Ernest Hemingway

17. The terrifying and edible beauty of Art Nouveau architecture. - Salvador Dali

18. The organizational architecture is really that a centipede walks on hundred legs and one or two don't count. So if I lose one or two legs, the process will go on, the organization will go on, the growth will go on. - Mukesh Ambani

19. The problem with digital architecture is that an algorithm can produce endless variations, so an architect has many choices. - Peter Eisenman

20. Architecture is how the person places herself in the space. Fashion is about how you place the object on the person. Zaha Hadid.

architectural-designing-services-500x500.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer