Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-04 01:56:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Teacher Quotes

Teacher Quotes

1. It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge. - Albert Einstein

2. I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well. - Alexander the Great

3. Every man who rises above the common level has received two educations: the first from his teachers; the second, more personal and important, from himself. - Edward Gibbon

4. You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul. - Swami Vivekananda

5. If I am walking with two other men, each of them will serve as my teacher. I will pick out the good points of the one and imitate them, and the bad points of the other and correct them in myself. - Confucius

6. Your best teacher is your last mistake. - Ralph Nader

7. Those who know how to think need no teachers. - Mahatma Gandhi

8. What a blind person needs is not a teacher but another self. - Helen Keller

9. Teach love, generosity, good manners and some of that will drift from the classroom to the home and who knows, the children will be educating the parents. - Roger Moore

10. The smarter the journalists are, the better off society is. For to a degree, people read the press to inform themselves - and the better the teacher, the better the student body. - Warren Buffett

11. We discovered that education is not something which the teacher does, but that it is a natural process which develops spontaneously in the human being. - Maria Montessori

12. A teacher who is not dogmatic is simply a teacher who is not teaching. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

13. Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose. - Bill Gates

14. Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble. - Shah Rukh Khan

15. Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour for me. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

16. Experience is the teacher of all things. - Julius Caesar

17. In the practice of tolerance, one's enemy is the best teacher. - Dalai Lama

18. Come forth into the light of things, let nature be your teacher. - William Wordsworth

19. Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they've taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences. - Kobe Bryant

20. The fitness of the pupil is shown in his love for the acquisition of knowledge, his willingness to receive instruction, his reverence for learned and virtuous men, his attendance upon the teacher, and his execution of orders. - Dayananda Saraswati

21. I was born in Corpus Christi, Texas, the youngest of four girls, including my oldest sister, Lisa, who has special needs. My mom was a special education teacher, and my dad worked on the Army base. We weren't wealthy, but we were determined to succeed. - Eva Longoria

22. China's republican politics is like a child who just started schooling. He must have a good teacher and be surrounded by good friends. By the same token, the Chinese people, new to the republican politics, must be educated properly. The revolutionary government should be the people's tutor to impart advanced awareness and experience. - Sun Yat-sen

23. I have long enjoyed the friendship and companionship of Republicans because I am by instinct a teacher, and I would like to teach them something. - Woodrow Wilson

24. My mom was a teacher - I have the greatest respect for the profession - we need great teachers - not poor or mediocre ones. - Condoleezza Rice

25. Love is a better teacher than duty. - Albert Einstein.

math-teacher.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer