Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-21 19:08:25

wingnix
Banned

Fun Quizzes?

I love fun quizzes. Do you?

#2 2021-04-21 19:59:50

Bob
Administrator

Re: Fun Quizzes?

hi wingnix

Welcome to the forum.

This is a site for maths lovers so it's an odd opening question you have posed.

Yesterday I had to removed a new member and all traces of that person's initial post because they had linked to a site that appeared to be a quiz site for children but, on closer examination, seemed to be a site set up by paedophiles to groom children.

Cambridge Analytica put a 'personality' quiz on Facebook that was actually intended to increase knowledge of peoples' prejudices in order to spread fake news and fix democratic elections.

So I am very suspicious of what might seem to be a 'fun' quiz.  Let's see what other members make of your question.  Please do not create a link to any site until I have had an opportunity to check it out.

ONE DAY LATER EDIT:  This member had done exactly what I feared and tried to post the link again, so it has become necessary to ban the member.  Genuine members can help to two ways: (1) Be very wary about clicking any link in a new post. (2) Report links so they can be checked by mods or admin.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer