Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-14 13:20:10

lilpeep

help i really need it!

Find the surface area and the volume of the figure below. Break your work down into three sections: Cone, Cylinder, and Sphere. Show the work for both the surface area and volume. Then find the total surface area and volume. Use 3.14 for π. R (3 pts.)

#2 2020-06-14 19:44:59

Bob
Administrator

Re: help i really need it!

hi lilpeep

Welcome to the forum.

That worksheet obviously has a diagram that shows the solid.  Without that it's hard to really help.  You could look here:

https://www.mathsisfun.com/geometry/con … inder.html

for all the formulas you need.

You should be able to split it up into those basic solids.  Work out the volume of each and add them up.  For the surface areas don't count the surfaces where the parts stick together.

If you are able to describe the diagram that might help.

Note about commercial worksheets:  This looks like a Compu High homework sheet.  That company has asked us not to infringe their copyright.  Also they don't want us just supplying answers.  We at MIF will try to help a poster understand the work.

Hope that helps,

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer