Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-08-04 08:01:16

ryos

Reviews needed for this thing I wrote

Hello MathIsFunForum,

I'm not sure where this post belongs, which might be an indication that it doesn't belong at all. Feel free to moderate me, I won't mind. 8)

As I was memorizing the unit circle, I found a few patterns that helped me remember it, and I decided I wanted to write them down. So, I did, to cement that circle in my mind and make sure I never forget it.

Then I realized that what I wrote might be useful to other people, but I won't know for sure until I share it. Now, you all have probably memorized the unit circle long ago, but I would like to ask you to take a moment to look at this and tell me if you think it's useful.

Are the explanations clear and accurate? Are any of them unnecessary? Where does the writing need polish? And, any other comments you would like to make are much appreciated.

Here's the link.

It's a ~1 meg PDF file. (Not that it's long, it just has a few images.)

Thanks!

El que pega primero pega dos veces.

#2 2005-08-04 11:23:02

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Reviews needed for this thing I wrote

Hello ryos,

Very nice work. Nicely worded and laid out.

It may be better as html, simply because it would appear faster. Your diagrams would be around 10k each, and the text 20k, so it would be less than 100k when finished. It would pop up on people's screens nice and fast.

You mention the word "coterminal" - you could explain that better.

The diagrams could have the fractions closed up a little (the numerator and denominator a little closer together), so that the fraction can be placed closer to the point it refers to. The color coding helps, though. 

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Cheers!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer