Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-17 22:16:43

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Who's greater?

There was a country by name Xenia. There existed a town X-o-newtown in the country. There were two persons very popular/notorious there. One was a priest who always preached the virtues of good traits in a person, and the importance of contributing to the society. He was as an exceedingly lovable person and everybody admired him and sought his blessings. The notorious man was known for pilfering, daylight dacoity and all misdeeds incluing all the possible vices in a person. The pirate carved out a sculputre in Xenia that the whole world had vistors from to see. Now, both of them died. The question is who was greater of the two?
This story was told to me by a friend, who's now in heaven. I didn't know the answer. He told me to decide on what I waned to be.
A creator or a thinker of the highest order is always known to be a victim of some social vice. I hate to menion this but Uncle Paul had a vice too!!

PS: I never said the priest belonged to which faith. I am using the general term. This story is not to indicate that a genius always has some kind of vice. This is an exception to Rule, the Rule being geniuses are people of outstading character.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer