Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-11-25 03:26:45

jon

new here

hi! i'm jon. i learned math in school, but i needed to remember some things, so i looked for a helpful site, and this one appeared.

#2 2008-11-25 17:47:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Re: new here

Nice to know you found this website. There are Exercises, Problems, Puzzles, Discussions, Formulas, and Jokes too to share here. If there's any help you require in solving a particular problem, you can post in 'Help Me'.

welcome10.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#3 2008-11-28 06:18:56

Zidika

hi i just joined and i need a maths friend

#4 2008-11-28 06:25:26

Zidika

pls can someone tell me more about this maths forum

#5 2008-11-28 19:21:22

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

This is a Mathematics forum where you can seek help to difficult problems, post interesting puzzles, jokes or any topic you thik that may be of interest to others. You can suggest measures for improvement of the forum and you would soon make a lot of friends. You can try your hand at the 'Exercises', use the 'Formulas' for your mathematics classes, and you can start with a brief Introduction saying what your'e studying and what your interests are among other things.

fshwelc.gif

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#6 2008-12-05 08:56:23

vichavicha

Hi,
I'm from Chennai. On getting into this site after a wild goose chase, i am struck for more than 4 hous continuously and it well
past 0300 am local time. It is simply not fair that i have been missing all the action all these time ! ! Glad to have found it!
Although only schooling in mathematics, I am inquisitive on acquiring knowledge, do not give up easily, would strive to solve problems, puzzles, challenges, whenever posed, not necessarily restricted to maths.
Happy to be here !

Knowledge is Power !

#7 2008-12-05 16:36:59

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

vichavicha,
We are too happy to have you here.
First and foremost, a BIG
welcome8.jpg
There are puzzles and challenges, apart from Mathemetics too, aplenty in the forum.
And if that isn't enough, you get a chance to make new friends, discuss any topic of interest (not reestricted to Mathematics or the sciences), share jokes and be a part of a wonderful international community! smile

Board footer