Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#26 2008-10-31 10:54:01

Ricky

Re: Fake Science ramphant in commercials

Here is where you start your assumption, Ricky. How do you conclude the "minimal interaction" between breath and soft pallet? I think it is as much as, if no more than, the interaction with the upper tongue. It's just arguing the ceiling hasn't been blown by wind while the floor has. And again, upper pallet is at the door to nose system, bearing more breath in normal nose breathing.

Quite a valid argument, and nicely presented.  Only just to clarify, I said "if", not that there is minimal interaction.

Good point, Ricky! But again, "I haven't seen it, therefore it's not true" is ignorant as well.

Yet claims my be dismissed without positive evidence.  I'm not saying that it isn't true, but I dismiss the claim from consideration.  Just like I dismiss any claims that there is a teapot in the orbit of Pluto.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

Board footer