Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-10-11 21:23:40

G_Einstein

Independence of Kosovo

Here are some question that we could talk about:

1.Have you heard about Kosovo???(what?)

2.What do you think about the independence of Kosovo???

3.What is your opinion about the  proposition(resolution) by Serbia and wich was approved by UN (77 in favor,6 against(USA,Albania,...),74 abstentions),wich is to give an advisory opinion (the International Court of Justice will give this adverory opinion) about the Kosovo's inependence from Serbia???

The U.N. General Assembly has voted to ask the International Court of Justice to give an advisory opinion on whether Kosovo's declaration of independence from Serbia earlier this year conforms to international law.

Last edited by G_Einstein (2008-10-11 23:00:17)

Se Zoti vete e tha me goje,se kombet shuhen permbi dhe,por SHqiperia do te roje,per te,per te luftojme ne.
God said that all nation exincts on the ground,but Albania will survive,for it,for it we are fighting.

#2 2008-10-12 18:35:29

Tigeree

Re: Independence of Kosovo

wot, who, where, when or how is Kosovo?

People don't notice whether it's winter or summer when they're happy.
~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#3 2008-10-12 21:58:59

G_Einstein

Kosovo is the newest state in the world.It is located in South-eastern Europe,In Balkan.It is bordered by Albania,Macedonia,Serbia and Montenegro.

Se Zoti vete e tha me goje,se kombet shuhen permbi dhe,por SHqiperia do te roje,per te,per te luftojme ne.
God said that all nation exincts on the ground,but Albania will survive,for it,for it we are fighting.

#4 2008-10-13 21:04:24

Tigeree

well their going 2 have 2 update all the atlas' then.

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#5 2008-10-28 16:40:50

George,Y

It is a dilerberate spot trying to weaken Slovia countries in order to weaken influence of Russia.

This is my point.

Kosovo was a state of Yogaslovia, and the Albarnians (forgive my typo) who lived their increased their poplulation by both a higher rate of birth and illigal immigrants from neighboring country Albania, which was less developed in that time. Under the new president, the conflicts between Albarnians and majority Serbians were no longer downplayed, he treated the rebels of Albanians harshly. And then in 1999, US president Bill Clinton called for punishment on South Slavia's (formerly Yogaslavia) "humanitarian crisis". And the war was launched. And you know who won. The president of South Slovia was brought to international jail in Holland. And he went to court all by himself, without a lawyer. After so many trials that couldn't bring him down, he finally died in jail by official cause heart attack.

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#6 2008-10-28 16:42:50

George,Y

I think every country could split by parts with different pure ethnicities under the similar logic that  Kosovo could split.

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#7 2008-10-30 06:28:22

G_Einstein

It is not true,that immigrants from Albania came to Kosovo.
This is a fals "version".
Now little bit History.
Before slav came from Carpatian alps,the ancient Albanians called Illyr(wich mean "free" or "free man") where distributed in many tribes from what is now Slovenia in north to Ambrakia Golf(in Greece) in the south and on what is now F.Y.R. of Macedonia in the east.
Kosovo what bigger in territory that it is now.This territoyr was governed by the tribe called "dardan".
But the three wars with Roman Impire,have weaken the Illyrian state.Than when slaves came,illyrians started to move from valley to mountains.And in 1800 the territory of ethnic Albania was much more bigger that it is now.It comprised half of now Montenegro,Kosovo,southern Serbia,half F.Y.R.of Macedonia,Albania and Northern Greece.
But it was the London Connference and Berlin Conference who splitted Albania between neighbourg countries.This is a brief piece of history.
The truthe is tha Kosov was an """Autonomous republic within Serbia" ,not within Yougoslavia.
In 1990,Serbia took Kosovo's Autonomy and started violence in albian people.This s how it all started.Now Kosovo has to give all the evidence of serb massacres wich happendednin Kosovo in the Internationa Court of Justice.
I have also read what you wrote in many encyclopedias,but all  parts are not true.
But it ios nice to know that somebody has heard about Kosov and knows something about it.

Last edited by G_Einstein (2008-10-30 07:08:14)

#8 2008-10-30 19:07:02

George,Y

started violence in albian people

well officially it could be that Serbs started violence, but it may just as the same as the claim that Indians attacked whites in America.

I just need to remind you some group of people are prone to start violence in cordiance under the same rligion basis. This can happen in a large scale, as we observe in Indonesia Massacre, or in a small scale, local bully basis.

And above all, history is written by men. The source may determine its view point. Wars often start with good reason, but often than not, a war is a war, good reason is just one point. Remember the invasion to Greece? To establish a totalitarian government in order to fight communism? Remember the long history of totalitarism in Spain long after the WWII is over? These were under "good reasons". And ironically, Ben Laden was trained by US Intelligence Agency in 1970's during Afgan war, terrorist's technique, how to bomb, was taught to them. and they started their drug business ever since their start. But Uncle Sam just torlarated them, under "good reasons".

Saudi Arabia is authoritarian, but is never considered a threat, while Iran is democratic (at least more deomocratic than the former) but considered evil. But I will never be suprised that some day media (CNN, CNBC, BBC) will cover a small incident in Iran in a large scale for 1 month and for some "good reason", Iran is invaded. And I will never buy it, small things are often excuses, a country wouldn't be that noble to help out on the risk of their own soldiers, they have done the calculation already but won't show it. They often seek their interest or power under a noble excuse.

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#9 2008-10-31 00:51:04

G_Einstein

Sorry,it was "violence on albanian people" (,I made a mistake in writting) .because the serbian regime started "massiv violence" on albanian people.
This violence was'nt something "new",it happened so many many times before.
When serbia took Nish(now in Serbia) all the peole living in that region were albanians,but serb regyme forced albanian to leave their home and have burned thousand of villages in that region in that time.A lot of albanians have gone to Turkey (there are documents that Serbia has payed for transfering albanians from in that time "serbia" in unhabitaed places of Turkey,to make those regions in Turkey habitaed by people).There are a lot of albanians in Turkey,you can find albanian villages there.
Some of albanias which left their homes from Nish,came in our region(city  of Mitrovica) and are called "muhaxhire" wich can be transleted as "arrivals".
During middle age,Serbia has took over Kosovo and considered it as it's heart.Even these days you can see notes in Northen Kosovo(which is habitaed by serbs) "Kosovo je Srbija" which the meaning is "Kosov is Serbia",or "Kosovo je srca srbiju"  the meaning of wich is "Kosovo is the heart of Serbia".
My mother family lives in Qaber,which is the only albanian village in Zubin Potok municipality,and they told me that before 100 years,their parents said to them that in that time,there were any serb around.Serbia has expulsed albanians from their houses,because that regions is a riched long plain  because of it's river,and tool albanians prorietary and give them to serbs wich tehy placed in the albanians proprieties.This is an "ethnic  cleaning".
There are a lots of other example from history.

Yes,histroy is written by men,but there are "fals versions" from different people.
I can garantee that these things that I've mentioned are true,because Kosovo has facts about all that serbs have done to our people.And I hope that the International Court of Justice will declared the Independence of Kosovo as Legal.
Did you know that "Entante"  during World War I has proposed to Greece to be in their side,and as a recompence it will give her southern Albania?????????????????????????????

Kosovo has nothing to do with other cases like this in other parts of the world.

Last edited by G_Einstein (2008-10-31 00:53:57)

#10 2008-10-31 01:39:00

George,Y

Okay, thanx for sharing your experience. I trust you. But again, you think it is for justice. Ethnic violence happens almost every day in this planet, totalitarian regime rules every day too. You may be the lucky one who gets attention because of geographic importance.

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#11 2008-10-31 01:43:56

George,Y

before 100 years,their parents said to them that in that time,there were any serb around.Serbia has expulsed albanians from their houses,because that regions is a riched long plain  because of it's river,and tool albanians prorietary and give them to serbs wich tehy placed in the albanians proprieties.This is an "ethnic  cleaning

Again, before 200 years, what happened in America? 50 years ago, what happened in Palestan? You see, there is no justice in land. You can think it is just for you to own the land, while the other think they can own it too. Sometimes the native win, while other time the immigrants win. There is no justice whatsoever in this zero-sum game, everybody says they are right. What's behind is the power rules.

In this sense, I don't believe the international law, which is just conciliation by big powers.

Last edited by George,Y (2008-10-31 01:45:26)

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#12 2008-10-31 04:44:54

G_Einstein

You're right.
But Kosovo has to use all the "Internationals Law" to protect her-self.
Geograpych position is very important.
Albanians lands always have been "land to be concest" becaus of its strategic position.
Rome conquered Illyria because it wanted to conquere all the lands bordering Mediterranean.
ANd when the serb sates was formed,it also tried to conquere as much as possible.Same did Greece,Bullgaria and montenegro.
The only "reasons" that Serbia is claiming Kosovo as part of is  territory,are that Kosov has a very rich undergorund.In the city I live(Mitrovica) a feq kilometres in the north,is located the Second Biggest Mine in the wolrd ,after that in Germnay,and it is also one of the biggest fabric in the world.
Long time ago,there was a proverb circulating in our region,"Trepqa works,Belgrade is building",because Serbia has use Trepqa to build it's road,sit's cities,but never did an "investment" of that capital in Kosovo.
Whe have to use the advantage that we have USA,UK,France and Germany by our side to make "justice' for all those injustices in the past.
Even if the Internationa Court of Justice declared something against Kosovo and it's independence,it will never do something to make us coming back into Serbia,because this is the volunty of Kosovo poeple for freedom and statehood.
But I agree e=with you,there is no justice,but we have to try to make justice all the time

#13 2008-12-08 06:40:30

g3org3m

Hey, my family is from serbia, but i was born and have lived in england my whole life so i havent really followed the politics or history much, so i cant have a justified opinion...

But i can say i disagree strongly with NATO or just USA in general stickies their noses in others business all the time just because they want to bully and get benefits for themselves...

#14 2008-12-30 10:31:50

G_Einstein

Hmm that is you opinion becaus you'r a serb.

If NATO and USA wouldn't  "stricki" their noses in Kosovo,Kosovo would have the same ending like Bosnia and Hercegozina.
Serbia tried to do and ethnic cleans in Kosovo,but fortunalety USA decided to take action here in Kosovo and to save albanians from being killed without no evidence from serbian regime.
If you just ask someone from Presheve/Preshevo (albanian city in Serbia wich was part of Kosovo but was taken from as also the whole Kosovo it in the 20th century) thei will say that they have no rights to set the albanian flag in front of their houses or somwhere els.Some few days before,serb ploice have arrestes some albanian like "criminels" fro "killing serbs" in Gjilan (Kosovo) during the 1999 war!!!
But now we are free and we can live in peace in our COUNTRY

Last edited by G_Einstein (2008-12-30 11:47:40)

#15 2008-12-30 17:42:30

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

NATO is North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#16 2008-12-31 19:23:30

Tigeree

Treat??? wot's up with that?

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#17 2008-12-31 21:55:43

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

That was a typo... it was supposed to be Treaty.

This page is all about NATO you'd be interested in knowing.

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#18 2009-01-03 19:35:46

Tigeree

Treaty. thought so.    ... Aye. So they're such a pain?

~ Anton Chekhov
Cheer up, emo kid.

#19 2012-05-28 05:40:49

anonimnystefy
Real Member

G_Einstein wrote:

Kosovo is the newest state in the world.It is located in South-eastern Europe,In Balkan.It is bordered by Albania,Macedonia,Serbia and Montenegro.

It cannot border Serbia,because it is Serbia. It is a part of Serbia,and nobody's taking it!

And it's not Trepqa,it's Trepča.

“Here lies the reader who will never open this book. He is forever dead.
“Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Crime and Punishment
The knowledge of some things as a function of age is a delta function.

Board footer