Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2008-08-28 16:20:30

myka-x

Hello all!

I am not a maths wizard but I find numbers fascinating just the same. I am a web programmer (mostly logic based stuff, nothing too deep), and a luthier by trade. I have been developing some interesting patterns lately involving the iteration through an x,y coordinate grid testing the points and plotting them if the equation solves. I'll post more in the other sections.

Great stuff in here. Thanks for all of your participation!

~David

#2 2008-08-28 17:10:00

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: Hello all!

Hi Myka, and welcome.

A Luthier, wow, that is a skilled trade. Any special instruments?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#3 2008-08-28 17:42:08

myka-x

Thanks for the welcome MathIsFun!

I build a variety of guitars, mostly custom, so they are all a little special. But I really enjoy building smaller archtop electric instruments like this one:

25.jpg

And this:

33.jpg

I have a website: http://www.mykaguitars.com

It is a fun craft and so enjoyable. I just cut up some salvaged wood from a a friend's property. Now I get to wait 2 years for it to dry enough to use. The excitement!

If you get a chance, check out my recent post on my image patterns I have 'discovered'. I wonder what they are?

http://www.mathisfunforum.com/viewtopic.php?id=10605

~David

#4 2008-08-30 06:01:18

Chewy

Hi Myka-X !

I am a musician - guitar player, mostly, but I also play bass and keyboards. I'll check out your site - nice guitars !

#5 2008-08-30 10:38:36

MathsIsFun
Administrator

They are gorgeous!

I like working with wood, but still cannot imagine the care you would need to produce something like that.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer