1. In a board of directors composed of 8 people, how many ways can a chief executive officer, a director and a treasurer be selected?
2. How many ways can 7 different types of soaps be displayed on a shelf in a grocery store?
3. An inspector must select 3 tests to perform in a certain order on a manufactured part. He has a choice of 7 tests. How many ways can he perform 3 different tests?
4. The Anderson Research Company decides to test market a product in 6 areas. How many different ways can 3 areas be selected in a certain order for the first test?
5. How many different ways can 4 tickets be selected from 50 tickets if each ticket wins a different prize?
6. How many different signals can be made by using at least 3 distinct flags if there are 5 different flag from which to select?
7. How many different code words can be made using the letters A, A, A, B, B, C, D, D, D, D if the word must contain 10 letters?
8. A store owner has 50 items to advertise and she can select one different item each week for the next 6 weeks to put on special. How many different ways can the selection be done?
9. How many different ways can 5 people A, B, C, D and E seat in a row at a movie theater if
(a) A and B must sit together
(b) C must sit to the right of, but not necessarily next to, B.
(c) D and E will not seat next to each other