1. A man walks from P to Q at the rate of 5 km/hour and returns from Q to P at the rate of 3 km/hour. What is the average speed for the whole journey?
2. If the weight of a group of 20 boys is calculated to be 89.4 kilograms and was later discovered that one weight was misread as 78 kilograms instead of the correct weight of 87 kilograms. What is the correct average weight?
3. 21 mango trees, 42 apple trees, and 56 orange trees have to be planted in rows such that each row contains teh same number of trees of one variety only. Then the minimum number of rows in which the above trees may be planted is ______________.
5. The height of an equilateral triangle whose area is 16√3 square centimeters is ____________.
6. The length of a diagonal of a square is 9 cms. What is its area?
7. If the sides of a triangle are 5 cms, 5 cms, and 6 cms, what is its area?
8. If the length of the base of a triangle is 4 meters shorter than its altitude and the area of the triangle is 126 square meters, find the length of its base and altitude.
9. The ratio between the circumference and area of a circle of radius 5 cm is ______________.
10. The hypotenuse of a right angled triangle is 10 cm and one of its side is 6 cm. What is the area of the triangle?
It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi.
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.