1. Find the area of a trapezium of which the parallel sides are 60 m and 40 m. The distance between the sides is 10m.
2. The parallel sides of a trapezium are 50 cm and 80 cm. Find the area of the trapezium if the non parallel sides are 26 cm and 28 cm.
3. Find the area of a regular hexagon inscribed in a circle of radius 6 cm.
4. A hall is of length 16 m, breadth 14 m and height 5 m. Calculate the number of persons that can be accommodated in the hall, assuming 3.5 m³ of air is required for each person.
5. A rectangular tank can hold 650 liters of milk. If it is 130 cm long and 250 cm wide, find the height of the tank.
6. The rainfall on a certain day was 8 cm. How many liters of water fell on 3 hectares of a field that day?
7. How many 5 cm long cubes can be cut from a cube whose edges are 20 cm in length?
8. A well of diameter 7 m has a stone parapet around it. If the length of the outer edge is 30.8 m, find the width of the parapet.
It is no good to try to stop knowledge from going forward. Ignorance is never better than knowledge - Enrico Fermi.
Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.