Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-11-17 22:52:37

haruka-san

What is a good topic for a statistical research?

hi,
right now i am taking the subject statistics, and we will be having a research work or should i say a baby thesis.
and i am thinking of a topic to research.

i know many of you here have a good idea.
Can you give me a topic for my research?
uhmm... i want something unique.:P

thanks.

smile

Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about. ^_^

#2 2007-11-17 23:09:27

JohnnyReinB

Re: What is a good topic for a statistical research?

how about the Philippine economy?

That would be exciting enough to report, don't you think?

You could show the Philippine Peso exchange rate, and its relation to The rise and fall of the economy.

PS. I don't know anything about statistics, except for the fact that they use charts. Good Luck!

Last edited by JohnnyReinB (2007-11-17 23:15:53)

"There is not a difference between an in-law and an outlaw, except maybe that an outlaw is wanted" wink

Nisi Quam Primum, Nequequam

#3 2007-11-18 03:49:34

bossk171

How about polling a bunch of your classmates to find some cool fact like:

boys like video games more than girls.
older students hate school more.
Students who play sports get better grades.

I don't know if any of those above statements are true, but it would be kind of fun to find out (even if the info you find is only accurate for your region).

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who can use induction.

#4 2007-11-18 08:46:20

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Or the weather ... get temperature charts for a city and investigate long term changes and statistical significance. This should give a clue to climate change!

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#5 2007-11-18 21:48:42

Khushboo

Another interesting research work can be understanding your region better. In order to develop the research work you can zero down on one aspect say real-estate of the region that has helped the overall economy to grow. Probably you can use data's on real-estate for good five years and see how it has contributed to the economy. Also you can use related industry to see correlation and its impact.

regards

khushboo

Last edited by Khushboo (2007-11-18 21:49:33)

Board footer