Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-19 01:58:43

Anthony.R.Brown
Banned

GO - A.I THE NEXT CHALLENGE! Why Can't MATH Solve the Problem!.....

Ricky Is God!!..................................................................................................................

Last edited by Anthony.R.Brown (2007-06-19 02:44:20)

#2 2007-06-19 02:22:17

Ricky

Re: GO - A.I THE NEXT CHALLENGE! Why Can't MATH Solve the Problem!.....

ARB, this is the second time you have violated copyright laws.  Instead of copying an entire article, only copy a specific quote, then link to the article.   Do not do this again.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#3 2007-06-19 02:47:07

Anthony.R.Brown
Banned

Another Post! Ruined!....................................................................................

Last edited by Anthony.R.Brown (2007-06-20 02:37:50)

#4 2007-06-19 04:44:58

Ricky

ARB, I left a link to your article and the rest of your post intact so that people could still read it and have a discussion on it, as AI is a rather interesting topic.  What you did was just outright rude, and furthermore inappropriate. 

Do not modify my edits.  Please respect the moderation preformed by the moderators and administrators of this site.  If you have any problems with such moderations, then make a post in the Members Only area or use PM's.

But again, do not modify edits when done by moderators or administrators.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#5 2007-07-01 07:29:22

mikau

shouldn't this post be deleted?

A logarithm is just a misspelled algorithm.

#6 2007-07-01 08:48:59

Ricky

No, I'd prefer it to stay.  I would like to be able to keep a record of everything ARB has done in case it is ever needed.

#7 2007-07-02 01:24:15

Anthony.R.Brown
Banned

The Genius Biography is already waiting to be published by someone else!

A.R.B

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Genius Is Noticed! But Refused Acceptance! By Persons With Academic liabilities! ......................

Last edited by Anthony.R.Brown (2007-07-04 00:54:59)

#8 2019-12-13 20:03:21

Monox D. I-Fly

Ricky wrote:

If you have any problems with such moderations, then make a post in the Members Only area or use PM's.

Wait, someone who is banned used to be able to use PMs here? Was he a Real Member?

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

#9 2019-12-13 20:37:29

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Monox D. I-Fly wrote:
Ricky wrote:

If you have any problems with such moderations, then make a post in the Members Only area or use PM's.

Wait, someone who is banned used to be able to use PMs here? Was he a Real Member?

He was not a Real Member. But any member can post in the topic 'Members Only', can't he/she?

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

#10 2019-12-13 22:04:19

Bob
Administrator

Also, once a person is banned, all their posts, including ones from before the ban was made, will show as member banned.  So it is possible he initially had PM privileges before the ban date.  The forum was on a different server at that time and the rules governing  member privileges had to change following the switch.

ARB has re-joined more than once and had his new membership banned also.

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#11 2019-12-15 14:28:46

Monox D. I-Fly

bob bundy wrote:

ARB has re-joined more than once and had his new membership banned also.

Glad I haven't joined here yet in that era.

Actually I never watch Star Wars and not interested in it anyway, but I choose a Yoda card as my avatar in honor of our great friend bobbym who has passed away.
May his adventurous soul rest in peace at heaven.

Board footer