Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-06-11 07:08:08

Daniel123

German!

Hello all!

I have my German writing exam tomorrow, and I just wanted to check these sentences I have written are completely correct. Can anyone help? As you can see my use of tenses are limited, so if there are any corrections to be made, can they please contain the perfect, imperfect, pluperfect, conditional, subjunctive or passive. Thanks.

1. Ich wollte zu Fuss nach Hause gehen, um zu üben, aber plötzlich gab es ein Gewitter! Damit ich trocken bleiben köntte, bin ich mit einem Taxi gefahren – I wanted to go home by foot in order to exercise, but suddenly there was a storm! So that I could stay dry, I went in a taxi

2. Ich hatte beschlossen, sehr früh aufzuwachen, aber ich war so müde und das Bett war so nett! Deshalb bin ich eine Stunde zu spät aufgestanden, und das ist mir auf die Nerven gegangen, da den Morgen so hektisch war! – I had decided to wake up very early, but I was so tired and the bed was so nice! Therefore I got up an hour too late, and that got on my nerves, as the morning was very hectic.

3. Ich hatte die Absicht, in die Stadt zu fahren, aber es ist mir nicht gelungen, also bin ich zum Park anstatt gegangen – I had the intention to go into town, but I wasn’t successful, so I went to the park instead

4. Mein Vater hat zu der Polizei die schlechte Situation erklärt. - my father explained the terrible situation to the police.

Thankss.

#2 2007-06-11 11:36:36

JaneFairfax

Re: German!

I can’t spot any mistake except one – just a very minor typo: “köntte” should be “könnte” – but then my German is not all that good. You must teach me German sometime. smile

Last edited by JaneFairfax (2007-06-11 11:39:21)

#3 2007-06-11 19:07:51

Daniel123

Oops I hadn't realised! Thanks Jane! big_smile

#4 2007-06-12 02:54:05

Daniel123

I had my german writing! It was harder than I expected... the most complicated sentence I used was "If I had known that the service was so bad, I would have flown with a different airline". I am not going to say it in german, just in case I got it wrong, resulting in me crying. big_smile

#5 2007-06-12 03:34:48

JaneFairfax

Wenn ich gewusst hätte, dass der Dienst so schlecht war, wäre ich mit einer anderen Fluggesellschaft geflogen. roll

Board footer