Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-06-02 20:24:46

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Tools !

I have some new tools - mathematical ones.

A general Unit Conversion Tool - good for converting from meters to feet, Celsisus to Fahrenhet, or even Foot-Candles to Lux!

A Greatest Common Factor Tool for, ummm, working out Greatest Common Factors smile

I took out existing Area page and made it interactive, so you can Calculate Areas of simple shapes if you know the lengths

And lastly, I have a really cool Scientific Calculator that you can actually enter formulas into.

Please let me know if these all work as expected, or if you have any ideas for improvement.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#2 2005-06-02 20:32:16

justlookingforthemoment

Re: Tools !

Cool! I tried the first one, Unit Conversion Tool, but all that happened when I pressed A to B or B to A was a little box popped up saying 'What you gave me cannot be converted or is zero!'

This happened for all selections. If you can work out what happened, this would be fantastic!

#3 2005-06-03 23:34:35

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Thanks for looking, looking wink

Ummm - what did you put in box A or B? Maybe it had a non-numeric in it.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#4 2005-06-04 11:23:13

justlookingforthemoment

Oh right, silly me...I didn't know that I had to put a value in...

I thought it would tell me the conversion rate or something...doh! lol

Board footer