Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-04-10 08:38:36

U7109
Real Member

If You're Economic Please Come Here

This is a new global warming thread I started so you can share your theories on how it will happen, when it will happen and why it will happen. Please try to stay on topic, as I hate spammers who just yell, "OMG LYK UR SO KWL LOL LMAO!!!!!!!!11!1!" that sort of stuff is chatspeak/1337 and will be reported.

Getting onto the topic. I have three theories to what will happen. The first is some mad scientist's theory. He belives there is something underneath and above Earth's oceans and seas called the 'Great Ocean Conveyer' which delivers cold water into the warm oceans and warm water into the cold oceans. When the last Ice Age finished, dozens of fresh water ended up pouring through Canada to form Hudson Bay. But loads of fresh water poured into the North Atlantic, causing the Great Ocean Conveyer to slow down. The scientist studied the ancient weather, and he said the weather we always experience is weird, abnormal. Earth's actual weather only had two seasons, like Darwin, Tennant Creek and most of Africa- the cold season and the warm season. It swings from freezing cold to boiling hot. If that's true and the Great Ocean Conveyer is stopped, we are dead.

Second theory. Global warming dosen't exist, it's just a load of extreme weather which will stop soon. The world will go back to normal as it was. Some random person said in a book/newspaper once, "Hurricanes? Nah. Tornadoes? Seen them. Tsunamis? Very bad, but seen them. Earthquakes? Been there. How many times have we faced extreme weather? Who cares about this global warming thing anway. Whoopedoodledoo. It's just a tiny amount of weather that hurts no-one,"
What an idiot. He dosen't know global warming is for real.

This is the last one, and it's my theory. I belive that Earth's true weather is freezing cold like Mars, but it gives us 10,000 years of wonderful weather. Those 10,000 years are at an end, so prepare for ten years of extreme weather. Ten years of living in fear of when the next tsunami might strike the coast, or when a tornado rips up everything. But I suggest we just adapt to it, and then the peaceful weather we've had for yet another 10,000 years.

Wow, that was the longest post I've made. Anyway, please remember if you want to reply only do so to disscuss the topic. big_smile

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," ~ John Lennon

#2 2007-04-10 11:28:54

justlookingforthemoment

Re: If You're Economic Please Come Here

This is at least the third thread you've started about your 'campaign'. Could we maybe combine them all or delete some so that it's easier to follow?

#3 2007-04-10 19:02:50

U7109
Real Member

Re: If You're Economic Please Come Here

I'll work on it

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination," ~ John Lennon

Board footer