Here are loads of questions about ratio and proportion;
1.An electric fire uses 8 unites or electricity in 4h:
a) How many units does it use in 2 hours?
b) How many units does it use per hour?
c) How many units does it use in 5 hours?
d) How many hours does it take to use 16 units?
e) How many hours does it take to use 6 units?
2. If the exchange rate it 190 pesetas (Pesetas are the old currency for Spain I think) to the pound, how many pesetas would you get for;
3) If 240g of flour is need to make 18 biscuits, how many grams are needed to make:
a) 9 biscuits
b) 27 biscuits
c) 36 biscuits
d) 3 biscuits
Here are harder ones...
1. If 12 dockers can load a barge in 75 minuites how long will it take
a) 10 dockers
b) 25 dockers to load the same barge?
2. If 15 men can unload a ship's cargo in 100 minuites, how long will it take
a) 6 men
b) 20 men to unload the same cargo
3. If 15 bricklayers can build a wall in 30 hours of working time, how long will it take
a) 9 bricklayers
b) 25 bricklayers to build the same wall?
I'll post more when people finish that lot