Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-23 11:32:16

Toast
Real Member

The Article of All Articles

Hey I was wondering if someone could write an article on how to write a mathsisfun quality article? Then perhaps more of us could contribute and help out Mathsisfun.

After all, it would be easy to just create another math page on determinants... or factorising... but mathsisfun pages are far better at explaining things.

#2 2007-02-23 15:53:42

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Re: The Article of All Articles

Well, that would certainly be great! And thanks for the compliment smile

Ricky and I worked together on this one: Introduction to Sets. He did the wording, I did the images and some editing.

But I could write an article on how I write an article.

I can tell you some things right off: I work and rework them dozens of times. I usually write twice as much as gets into the final article. Sometimes the illustrations help to form the words. Sometimes I just give up and come back a month later and try again.

But it is great fun! And a real sense of accomplishment when it gets done.

And you guys are my Quality Control (or sometimes a Teacher who emails me, but not often).

At the moment I have a long list of things I want to do for the website, but my advice would be: write an article on what YOU want, because you enthusiasm will shine through.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer