Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2007-02-02 03:22:18

LQ
Real Member

Can you win something without loosing it?

Whether it be something you have in your pocket or the sum of your happiness, is it possible to survive the space time continuum without loosing all you have in the end, will there be an end, is fighting worth the effort?

Are we fighting without a cause?

Can someone enlighten me here?

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#2 2007-02-02 21:14:51

espeon
Real Member

Re: Can you win something without loosing it?

basically we are fighting without a cause. but some stupid idiots cant face the bitter truth and then made things up. then they 'manipulated' the people of the earth to work hard and to build unnesscary things. unfortunately only a few people know this

Presenting the Prinny dance.
Take this dood! Huh doood!!! HUH DOOOOD!?!? DOOD HUH!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 2007-02-02 21:46:45

Toast
Real Member

Uhh... Every argument I think of doesn't really work hmm

#4 2007-02-02 22:22:58

LQ
Real Member

espeon wrote:

basically we are fighting without a cause. but some stupid idiots cant face the bitter truth and then made things up. then they 'manipulated' the people of the earth to work hard and to build unnesscary things. unfortunately only a few people know this

Why does only a few people know this?

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#5 2007-02-02 23:47:22

George,Y

Indeed, I feel empty. I don't know why I am here to live.

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#6 2007-02-03 00:09:38

Toast
Real Member

Are you really you? Aren't we all just a bunch of atoms and energy? Does it really matter what we achieve in life? When we die our particles will just go back to the universe, as if we had never existed in the first place.

#7 2007-02-03 03:57:26

LQ
Real Member

That sounds like a quote?

#8 2007-02-03 11:25:38

MathsIsFun
Administrator

There is what we see as the "physical world" (rocks, atoms, whatever), but there is also the world of "meaning".

You are more than a bunch of particles. What you say and do has an effect on the world around you.

How do we know how this will all end up? All we know is that our actions create effects (good or bad). And other people affect us, too.

You can think of all of life as a rope, and we are the individual strands. Only by our contact with other beings do we strengthen the rope. And your part in the universe will carry on.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#9 2007-02-03 15:12:22

George,Y

Great idea. But that means the more influential I am, the more meaning I have. We have to admit we actually love power or control, like Nietzsche's "will to power".

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#10 2007-02-03 21:29:32

LQ
Real Member

So you figure, possibly, that if we make the universe an evenly distributed metal aloy, the bounds that we created in it would be happiness, eternal happiness, and forever remain?

#11 2007-02-03 21:53:42

MathsIsFun
Administrator

Gee, I am not sure about that metal alloy thing. I think a fundamental law of the universe is randomity. Without it the universe would be static. Not static in terms of time ... it could be "clockwork", but like a clock, we could write down static equations that would be totally predictive. I don't want to be "cast in stone".

Oh, and that happiness thing ... who said the goal was happiness? And what is happiness? Is it laughing and giggling? Or the happiness you get after doing a good job?

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

#12 2007-02-04 00:55:18

LQ
Real Member

What's the point of doing a good job if it's not for a greater laugh? Is not the point to be happy? Why the banana bother in the first place?

What if we really can have happiness, why are we not trying if that's the case? if it has to be cast in stone then so be it. It is worth a try. we have tried in 15 billion years, i figure. Why not continue trying?

Last edited by LQ (2007-02-04 00:58:30)

#13 2007-02-04 02:00:49

George,Y

So you figure, possibly, that if we make the universe an evenly distributed metal aloy, the bounds that we created in it would be happiness, eternal happiness, and forever remain?

--In Matrix, Anderson tells Neo" ...At first, the Matrix was created with only pleasure, but soon people got tired of it and the program changed so that it is real simulation of the world there used to be."

I doubt how happy I would be if I were born rich. Would I be happier? It is true that many royal members have unhappy life.
I think true happiness comes from over-pass the old me-that is I grow or break better. When it comes to hero movies like spiderman, I always love the first one rather than any sequels in which the main charactor transcended him/herself and enters into a whole new and more powerful life. It is the change itself that impresses me, not the result of the change.

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#14 2007-02-04 02:03:28

George,Y

In many cartoons, the most exciting scene will be the hero suddenly gets stronger. -Doesn't that imply the unconsciousness of will to power shared by all of us?

X'(y-Xβ)=0

#15 2007-02-04 02:56:27

LQ
Real Member

Could we make it eternal happiness you figure then? Yes pleeeeease. For everyone. The bounded bounds made to last for eternity, us made to go away and be satisfied. The happiness would be the bounds, yes. I bet it might take a while to finish it, but it would be well worth it.

#16 2007-02-04 19:51:22

Toast
Real Member

Someone will always be happier than someone else.

#17 2007-02-04 21:56:02

LQ
Real Member

Yes but as long as we are happy, that does not matter. The question really is: Can you win happiness and keep it?

Last edited by LQ (2007-02-04 21:58:03)

#18 2007-02-04 22:06:08

MathsIsFun
Administrator

It is worth a try!

With advances in genetics, nanotech, and computers I am optimistic. But pollution, terrorism and new diseases are dark clouds.

#19 2007-02-04 22:25:07

LQ
Real Member

Yes! One day we might very well trapp the big black holes in a charged sphere that take the black hole radiation, to create a spinn that creates the charge, and the rest of the radiation we simply reflect back, so that we can have some happiness left. Infact, that might be what protons and electrons are all about!

Last edited by LQ (2007-02-04 22:26:48)

#20 2007-02-04 22:27:57

Toast
Real Member

But... happiness is an animal emotion. It may be what we perceive as being the most important thing in the universe, but perhaps it is just because we are hidden behind our perspective?

#21 2007-02-04 22:35:22

LQ
Real Member

But i still want to keep it in an infinitely long time. I'm sure that with our technology, we can make the bounds we call happiness last forever. As long as the bounds are left, the happiness is left. The human is only the one that creates the bounds, doesn't mean the bounds are gone when the man is gone.

#22 2007-02-05 04:19:55

LQ
Real Member

Ok, I've thought about this for a while. Perhaps the bounds the universe started with will be forever preserved. So if the sum of the bounds is the sum of happiness, then we allways was happy, It's just that we wasn't there when we got the happiness, but if it is the sum of happiness we wanted, then I fear (hope) that we actually, without a doubt got happiness. And I don't know what that makes you guys, but it makes me happy. That something eternal cannot stop, that energy is preserved.

Last edited by LQ (2007-02-05 04:22:13)

#23 2007-02-06 04:22:05

espeon
Real Member

theres nothing, no one that can keep happy unfortunately. but if someone finds someone or something that can tell me and ill give you a prize lmao. 1. when you are a child relatives are most likely to die causing you to suffer. same with adults. 2. adults have to pay taxes from the jobs they do. not many adults have jobs that they enjoy and even if they do they will sometimes will become depressed since we are hamsters in a wheel. the reasons why we cant be happy is because 1. death 2. the government and 3. exhaustion.

few people only know that we dont have any real purpose to live because most people cant face the truth and shifts the stack of hope onto another subject like we have just seen... happiness. but if you look at facts really the earth might of been better if we havent been created as the world is dieing. plus it doesnt help when everyone is unhappy in the world. any newborn baby who dies in the process of being born is lucky that it didnt suffer the pain of solitude and living. if you think logically in every subject that you place the stack of hope on... well you wont find a reasonable solution. the government makes it worse by saying that they will help those who are suffering and taxing us when the people who are being taxed are suffering themselves. They arent any different to me or anyone on this site. they dont have the right to tax us and use that money on the things THEY themselves think is best. parliament and the power of x is just rubbish and a fraud making complicated things. the truth is they dont listen to anyone. thats the reason the government is to blame. we never even said there SHOULD be a group of people who should tax us and rule over us. they arent our masters. rules are ok but the criminals want to show people the truth and clarity of this.

my result...

the government is a scam. they make us unhappy making us feel like marrionettes on a string.

death kills but people cant accept death. people who are dead are gone. nothing you can do. so you shouldnt cry unnessarily.

exhaustion like medical ailments. everyone doesnt need me to explain that do they?

Take this dood! Huh doood!!! HUH DOOOOD!?!? DOOD HUH!!!!!! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 2007-02-06 05:19:47

LQ
Real Member

What if the universe in existing is an eaten box of chocolates, and the pain we feel eternaly tries to compensate for the joy of creation? To die is to dissapear, but if the extension along the existing coordinates is eternal, due to that that the universe change from 2 dots along every coordinate (infinite amount of coordinates) to an infinit amount of dots on the remaining coordinates (4), then love must remain. The love that was cannot be undone.

#25 2007-02-06 06:35:11

espeon
Real Member

it doesnt actually 'matter' if someone is sad or mourning over dead things. what does matter is that it is dead and not coming back. sure you can pity it and respect it but its not coming back and you waste tears.love will remain until that love causes pain by hurting you or dieing. love could be a reason for living a new stack of hope. but then again love has no real point. sure you get happiness out of it but when you are so close to someone else its so easy to hurt each other.

if anyone can place the stack of hope on a 'REAL AND FLAWLESS' subject then thus the world is saved!

Board footer