Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#26 2007-01-08 00:19:21

LQ
Real Member

Re: Dimensional analysis

Space is only 4D, if you compare 3D along a line with 4D. The space particles may be and should be 3D, since elseways it would change over time. All that is needed for space to be 3D, is that there are alot of equally 3D rooms that we travel through. That should ofcourse be "all mass is 4D lines that moves through a 3D room. If room and mass had equal dimensions, then room would be mass. But ofcourse, if you can explain mass as 5D, then there is no reason not to believe that room is 4D. But then we would still only be able to see one dimension as non spatial, since it requires max speed along a such in order for it to be contracted enough, and then we would have 4 room dimensions that were spatial, which is not the case.

Last edited by LQ (2007-01-08 00:21:53)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#27 2007-01-08 01:11:28

Ricky

Space is only 4D, if you compare 3D along a line with 4D.  The space particles may be and should be 3D, since elseways it would change over time.

No, there is a fourth dimension we normally can't see.  This is what Einstein found and its the way that gravity works.  When our earth travels around the sun, it's moving in a straight line, just as you would imagine a straight line on a piece of paper.  However the space that's its traveling on is curved, and thus, the orbit looks curved.  You can't curve three dimensional space without a fourth dimension.

"In the real world, this would be a problem.  But in mathematics, we can just define a place where this problem doesn't exist.  So we'll go ahead and do that now..."

#28 2007-01-08 04:17:49

LQ
Real Member

So if you ate special monodirectional D4-capsules, you could travel along it? Sounds very desturbing. Else I am sad to tell you that such a coordinate must have a cause for its non spatialness, else it is spatial.

Last edited by LQ (2007-01-12 04:15:20)

I see clearly now, the universe have the black dots, Thus I am on my way of inventing this remedy...

#29 2007-01-13 09:23:25

LQ
Real Member

Ok, this was a bit off topic. You may continue analysing dimensions.

Board footer