Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2006-11-09 07:35:33

~~freespirit~~

Hi how are you guys doing?

I like this site so much!

I happen to like math, but one friend gave up on it basically.

Then I realized, it wasn't just her. It was all of the students in one particular class.:mad:

That teacher would yell at us, and make it hard to understand. Then she would yell in our faces, "I ALREADY EXPLAINED IT!"swear

I would like your opinion. wave

Do you think that how much we learn in math class is based on the teachers? Or do you think that it is all on us?

dunno

Sincerely,

Cari;)

#2 2006-11-09 08:01:48

unique

Re: Hi how are you guys doing?

hey welcome to the site
thats great you liike this site and math.very good
well math is very important. it is used every single day
it is all on us to learn math. if others can't explain it well so what can we do they arent very good teachers right. we have to force our selves to learn math. so we can succeed in the future. don't try to look if otehrs can help or not cuz sometimes they cant help or they dont know how to. you have to help yourself am i right guys?

ok anyways hope you enjoy it over here
takecare

Desi
Raat Key Rani !

#3 2006-11-09 08:26:03

Devantè
Real Member

Welcome to MathsIsFun. smile

#4 2006-11-09 08:39:17

coolcat23

Welcome ~~free spirit~~ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The world revolves around me. Deal with it. cool

#5 2006-11-09 09:03:15

Patrick
Real Member

Welcome!

It's good to hear you like math, most here do smile If it's the responsibility of the teacher, can't be answered with 100% yes or 100% no. If the students have a bad attitude towards learning it, most teachers won't be able to help them very much. However, it seems to be a bad teacher you guys have. She might wonna look a bit on her methods, since most don't get what she's saying.

Support MathsIsFun.com by clicking on the banners.
What music do I listen to? Clicky click

#6 2006-11-09 11:55:14

MathsIsFun
Administrator

So many times I have heard how a student improves when getting a new teacher.

Teachers are vital to the subject ... and not just for their knowledge but for their love of the subject.

I think that a student  could be good at math but have their enthusiasm destroyed by a careless teacher. However a very self-motivated student will recognise a bad teacher and teach themselves.

On the positive side, a good teacher will be able to help poor stidents excel.

"The physicists defer only to mathematicians, and the mathematicians defer only to God ..."  - Leon M. Lederman

Board footer