Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-03-26 03:45:12

Magicman89
Novice

Dimensional observation

I have made a shape, that consists of 12 cubes.
I have put 1 cube in the middle and connected all the sides with other cubes and then I have deleted the middle cube. In 2D, it looks like 8 squares with a missing cube in the middle. In 3D, it looks like a hollow, unfinished cube with missing corner cubes. I have rotated it into an angle view, I saught 3 cubes in the front and the rest was a background and I removed those front 3 cubes, to see what the center looks like. The backside of the 3 cubes in the background creates a hexagon with 6 triangles, also I saught a cube which doesn't exist, an optical illusion in the middle, which looks flipped compared to other cubes. I could post a picture, but I have no idea how. It's an idea to present a mirror dimension. What do you think?

#2 2024-03-26 06:44:52

Bob
Administrator

Re: Dimensional observation

hi Magicman89

Welcome to the forum.

A cube has 6 faces so I'm confused that your shape needs 12 cubes.

Unfortunately it is not possible to upload images directly to the forum server.  Are you using a laptop or something similar?  If so, you can join imgur.com, upload there, and then copy the bbcode into a post. Our server looks there for the image and it is displayed ok.  Members who are trying to do this from a phone have had limited success with this. The Imgur app does not handle bbcode properly. I'm hopeful that their programmers are trying to add this feature soon, but don't hold your breath.

What has worked, but it's a bit clumsy, is to get the https address and post that. Then members can view it indirectly.

What software are you using for your image?

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

Board footer