Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-01 16:58:22

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Cease Quotes - II

Cease Quotes - II

1. I think the brain is essentially a computer and consciousness is like a computer program. It will cease to run when the computer is turned off. Theoretically, it could be re-created on a neural network, but that would be very difficult, as it would require all one's memories. - Stephen Hawking

2. God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason. - Dag Hammarskjold

3. A few minutes ago every tree was excited, bowing to the roaring storm, waving, swirling, tossing their branches in glorious enthusiasm like worship. But though to the outer ear these trees are now silent, their songs never cease. - John Muir

4. I am convinced that material things can contribute a lot to making one's life pleasant, but, basically, if you do not have very good friends and relatives who matter to you, life will be really empty and sad and material things cease to be important. - David Rockefeller

5. No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist. - Oscar Wilde

6. When good people in any country cease their vigilance and struggle, then evil men prevail. - Pearl S. Buck

7. Colonies do not cease to be colonies because they are independent. - Benjamin Disraeli

8. A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy. - Aldous Huxley

9. One is still what one is going to cease to be and already what one is going to become. One lives one's death, one dies one's life. - Jean-Paul Sartre

10. When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die. - Eleanor Roosevelt

11. We must not only cease our present desire for the growth of the state, but we must desire its decrease, its weakening. - Leo Tolstoy

12. Michael Atherton's powers of concentration never cease to amaze me. When you need reminding what Test-match batting is all about, who else would you have at the other end? - Nasser Hussain.

cease.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer