Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-12-14 17:21:32

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Carribean Quotes

Carribean Quotes

1. England was the first true colonial power to use its dominion over a large part of Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, North America, and many Caribbean islands, in the first half of the 20th century. - Fidel Castro

2. The true Caribbean people... we are carnival people, we are vibrant people, not dead people. We like to be heard and we like to have fun. - Viv Richards

3. There's definitely healing properties to being in proximity to the ocean and that breeze. There's something about that Caribbean climate and humidity. - Johnny Depp

4. Prior to 'Pirates of the Caribbean' - the first one in 2003 - I had been essentially known within the confines of Hollywood as box office poison, you know what I'm saying? You know, I basically had built a career on 20 years of failures. - Johnny Depp

5. I eat everything, that's a problem. I don't have discipline. My favorite dish is the Caribbean. Meat, rice, lots of grains. But I do like to do exercises. Lately, I've been having capoeira classes and lots of cardiovascular exercises, such as jogging and cycling. - Ricky Martin

6. I would love to take a role like Greg Chappell did for Australia. I think I have a good eye for talent and this is something that we have never taken on board in the Caribbean. - Viv Richards

7. I really like the Caribbean. Anyplace in the Caribbean. I get there, and I feel like a monkey - the perfect state. - Penelope Cruz

8. For a while, I was saying 'no' way too often. I turned down 'An Officer and A Gentleman,' 'Splash' and 'Midnight Express.' I could name you tons more. I would go off and experience life instead of working - I was learning to fly jets, went on an African safari, sailed the Caribbean - which wasn't necessarily bad. - John Travolta

9. When I finished the trilogy of 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movies, I had a gear shift and thought, 'I need to take a moment to smell the roses.' - Orlando Bloom

10. I was always pretty interested in my history. Not just the history of the Caribbean, the history of my people, but all walks of life. - Viv Richards

11. It's a cliche that cricket is the only unifying force in the Caribbean. It is but there are a lot of other factors that keep us apart. Success in sport and war will always unite but you need to have a greater foundation and greater core. - Brian Lara

12. The Caribbean is all Third World islands and it's very tough to raise the money for sports. - Brian Lara

13. I don't force reinvention. I play with silhouette and color, since Indian as well as Caribbean women have a penchant for these. - Masaba Gupta

14. When I sit back and reflect, it's humbling to see how far I've come. I watched the IPL as a kid six-seven years ago in the Caribbean, watching all these superstars playing. Now to be in this environment is fantastic. - Jofra Archer.

2000.jpg?width=620&dpr=2&s=none

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer