Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-26 15:45:12

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Captain Quotes - III

Captain Quotes - III

1. A bowler is his own captain. I know what needs to be done, what the ball is doing. If you don't know where you are going to bowl and where you think the batsman will hit, then how can you tell the captain what you want? You are the judge. - Harbhajan Singh

2. I think a captain is someone who captains on the cricket field but, most of the leadership that happens is off the cricket field. It's very easy to captain people on the cricket field, but if you can start leading them off the cricket field, and show them that trust, what you have in them. - Gautam Gambhir

3. Media were never allowed into an Australian dressing room until I became skipper. I changed that and invited them in at the close of play each day, thereby confirming for many administrators they had appointed a madman as captain. - Richie Benaud

4. At 17, I already had responsibility because I took care of my family, but in the football I was young; I wasn't experienced or the captain - I was just in the team. - Pele

5. I think the country requires fresh leadership. I do not think I can be the captain to take the country to its next destination. - David Cameron

6. My point is simple: When you win a match or a tournament, forget why the captain took certain decisions. Celebrate the victory. Do not try to analyse every decision. - Mohammad Azharuddin

7. Selecting a strong team without giving the new captain appropriate time isn't possible. - MS Dhoni

8. I love keeping. I'm in the game all the time. I see angles that I wouldn't normally see, and I feel part of what the captain does. - AB de Villiers

9. As a captain, I can't make the same mistake twice. As a player, you can get away with that, but if the captain does that, then it affects the whole team. - AB de Villiers

10. When you're captain you get involved in a lot of things. You're trying to get the best out of players and subconsciously, without knowing, it gets to you. - Sourav Ganguly

11. In 2000 I became captain and stayed till 2005, and this was a very successful time in Indian cricket, so it was a satisfying tenure for me. - Sourav Ganguly

12. You can't look past the captain Eoin Morgan, as well as Trevor Bayliss and Paul Farbrace for giving guys the freedom to play without fear and not to worry about consequences. - Jos Buttler.

Below-Deck-Star-Captain-Lee-Rosbach-Inside-a-Day-in-My-Life.jpg?w=350&quality=86&strip=all

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer