Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-17 15:14:25

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Capital Quotes - III

Capital Quotes - III

1. Market leadership can translate directly to higher revenue, higher profitability, greater capital velocity, and correspondingly stronger returns on invested capital. - Jeff Bezos

2. The highest use of capital is not to make more money, but to make money do more for the betterment of life. - Henry Ford

3. I'm not interested in doing something edgy with a capital E just so everyone knows, 'Oh, OK, now he's showing us he can do edgy.' - Tom Hanks

4. In my International Development Scheme, I propose that the profits of this industrial development should go first to pay the interest and principal of foreign capital invested in it; second to give high wages to labor; and third to improve or extend the machinery of production. - Sun Yat-sen

5. Capital is reckless of the health or length of life of the laborer, unless under compulsion from society. - Karl Marx

6. One of the more difficult tasks for me as president was to decide on the issue of confirming capital punishment awarded by courts... to my surprise... almost all cases which were pending had a social and economic bias. -  A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

7. I've always been fascinated with the stealing of innocence. It's the most heinous crime, and certainly a capital crime if there ever was one. - Clint Eastwood

8. If people want capital gains taxed more like the highest rate on income, that's a good discussion. Maybe that's the way to help close the deficit. - Bill Gates

9. I am passionately opposed to capital punishment, and I have been all my life. - Richard Attenborough

10. Early in the morning, I fell in love with the girl that later on became my wife. At that time, we were so naive. I wanted to charm her, so I read her Capital by Marx. I thought somehow she would be convinced by the strength of his criticism about capital. - Shimon Peres

11. Countries and states which have capital punishment have a much higher rate of murder and crime than countries that do not, so that makes sense to me, and the moral question - I struggle with it morally. - Charlize Theron

12. And if we must educate our poets and artists in science, we must educate our masters, labour and capital, in art. - John B. S. Haldane.

different-forms-of-capital-structure.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer