Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-10-15 14:36:55

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Capacity Quotes - IV

Capacity Quotes - IV

1. Cities can be the engine of social equity and economic opportunity. They can help us reduce our carbon footprint and protect the global environment. That is why it is so important that we work together to build the capacity of mayors and all those concerned in planning and running sustainable cities. - Ban Ki-moon

2. I think governance is about giving people an opportunity to engage with you on subjects that you are responsible for, believing in people's capacity to deliver, and allowing them that platform plus project their work. - Smriti Irani

3. When I was 5, my father was very much my hero. And he ran for political office in a very thankless campaign for a very thankless position. And he did it because his mother had instilled in him, if you are someone who has the capacity to make a great change, you have the responsibility. - Howard Warren Buffett

4. We have to build the capacity of our institutions, employees and workers. Our regulatory environment has not been encouraging to research, innovation and enterprise. - Narendra Modi

5. Hinduism has an enormous capacity to absorb from outside influences and accept it in a peaceful and steady manner without perturbing the system. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

6. I always knew I'd be in music in some sort of capacity. I didn't know if I'd be successful at it, but I knew I'd be doing something in it. Maybe get a job in a record store. Maybe even play in a band. I never got into this to be a star. - Bryan Adams

7. One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line. - William J. Clinton

8. The capacity of young people to persevere, even under the most adverse conditions, never ceases to amaze me. - Jane Fonda

9. As a man may be born with a mathematical faculty, and by training that faculty year after year may immensely increase his mathematical capacity, so may a man be born with certain faculties within him, faculties belonging to the soul, which he can develop by training and by discipline. - Annie Besant

10. The things that are correct for me will come to me at the time that I am interested in them and have the capacity, the understanding, to do them. - Julia Roberts

11. My personal view is that organisations have a capacity to throw up extraordinary leaders to suit the occasion. N. R. - Narayana Murthy

12. Brazil is a country I hold very dearly. I've got followers there who I've been interacting with for years, as well as fellow artists like Ivete Sangalo, and it also has huge figures like Pele. I'd love to go to that World Cup - I'm not sure in what capacity, but I'll definitely be there. I know that nobody wants to miss it, least of all me. - Shakira.

in-text_version1.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer