Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-18 17:00:38

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Calling Quotes - I

Calling Quotes - I

1. An iPod, a phone, an internet mobile communicator... these are NOT three separate devices! And we are calling it iPhone! Today Apple is going to reinvent the phone. And here it is. - Steve Jobs

2. The mountains are calling and I must go. - John Muir

3. We believe that according the name 'investors' to institutions that trade actively is like calling someone who repeatedly engages in one-night stands a 'romantic.' - Warren Buffett

4. The price one pays for pursuing any profession, or calling, is an intimate knowledge of its ugly side. - James Baldwin

5. The leading rule for the lawyer, as for the man of every calling, is diligence. - Abraham Lincoln

6. A journalist is a person who has mistaken their calling. - Otto von Bismarck

7. Your job is not just to do what your parents say, what your teachers say, what society says, but to figure out what your heart calling is and to be led by that. - Oprah Winfrey

8. I believed in the goodness of the Australian people; I believed they did not want to be attacking each other, and from those thoughts, I got the idea of Reconciliation in the campaign slogan and of turning this into something practical by calling a summit to bring representatives of all sections of society together, from the wealthiest to the poor. - Bob Hawke

9. These days, children can text on their cell phone all night long, and no one else is seeing that phone. You don't know who is calling that child. - Kamala Harris

10. Prayer indeed is good, but while calling on the gods a man should himself lend a hand. - Hippocrates

11. I don't mind being called Maddy at all, but I mind the closeness that you assume you get by calling me by my pet name. So merely by calling me Maddy, I don't give you the authority to come and put your hand around my shoulder. - R. Madhavan

12. But innovation comes from people meeting up in the hallways or calling each other at 10:30 at night with a new idea, or because they realized something that shoots holes in how we've been thinking about a problem. - Steve Jobs.

616f4a10fee39f0018fa5d9f?width=1300&format=jpeg&auto=webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer