Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-09-06 17:27:42

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Calculate Quotes

Calculate Quotes

1. If you calculate 15 minutes a day to shave, that is 5,000 minutes a year spent shaving. - Fidel Castro

2. American stuntmen are smart - they think about safety. When they do a jump in a car, they calculate everything: the speed, the distance... But in Hong Kong, we don't know how to count. Everything we do is a guess. If you've got the guts, you do it. All of my stuntmen have gotten hurt. - Jackie Chan

3. I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people. - Isaac Newton

4. There can be no greater error than to expect, or calculate, upon real favors from nation to nation. It is an illusion which experience must cure, which a just pride ought to discard. - George Washington

5. Every nation whose affairs betray a want of wisdom and stability may calculate on every loss which can be sustained from the more systematic policy of its wiser neighbors. - James Madison

6. I have some strategical vision, I could calculate some few moves ahead and I have an intellect that is badly missed in the country which is run by generals and colonels. - Garry Kasparov

7. I calculate that I took 20,000 punches, but I earned millions and kept a lot of it. I may talk slow, but my mind is OK. - Muhammad Ali

8. Journalists ask me all the time, 'Akshay, do you believe in the numbers game?' My standard response: 'I can't count, that's why I have producers and accountants who calculate for me. As long as I have them in my life, I don't need to worry about numbers!' - Akshay Kumar

9. The malaria parasite has been killing children and sapping the strength of whole populations for tens of thousands of years. It is impossible to calculate the harm malaria has done to the world. - Bill Gates

10. What goes on inside a star is better understood than one might guess from the difficulty of having to look at a little dot of light through a telescope, because we can calculate what the atoms in the stars should do in most circumstances. - Richard P. Feynman

11. It's quite complicated and sounds circular, but we've worked out a way of calculate a Web site's importance. - Larry Page

12. I think that we have to be constantly asking ourselves, 'How do we calculate the risk?' And sometimes we don't calculate it correctly; we either overstate it or understate it. - Hillary Clinton.

GettyImages-469057872-56aa071f3df78cf772ac12ef.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer