Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-06-17 07:39:16

Hannibal lecter

How to make a schedule for four employ 3 shifts each one has 8 hourday

It has 3 math night from 10pm to 6AM and day from 6AM to 2pm and afternoon from 2pm to 10PM each one 8 hours then each one has 1 day off per week or per 6 days so how to do it using your sequare please send me the chart as photo
For example
for example for this month please she the pic

2023-06-18-003305.png

the schedule is wrong I was trying to do it manually it still wrong

How to handle this

Last edited by Hannibal lecter (2023-06-17 09:34:07)

Wisdom is a tree which grows in the heart and fruits on the tongue

#2 2023-06-17 20:16:33

Bob
Administrator

Re: How to make a schedule for four employ 3 shifts each one has 8 hourday

hi Hannibal lecter

I'm quite confused about what the constraints are here.  It sounds like you want blocks of 6 but how many different types are there (ie. what does the colours and labels signify). Can the same colour/label occur in the same time slot for two people?  Please say the following:

How many names?
How many different colour/labels? I'll call these a 'subject type'.
How often may each subject type occur?
Can two people have the same subject type at the same time?
When must the pattern repeat?

Bob

Children are not defined by school ...........The Fonz
You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei
Sometimes I deliberately make mistakes, just to test you!  …………….Bob smile

#3 2023-06-18 02:02:29

Hannibal lecter

A mean afternoon(2PM to 10PM)
D mean Daylight (6AM-2PM)
N mean night (from 10PM to 6AM)

There is four employees lets say instead of these names in yellow the : x1 x2 x3 and x4

Yes no problem if an employee got same day work
Like x1 abd x2 went at work togather in afternoon
But I prefer must of that occur at day and afternoon usually
Because we don't need a lot of employee at night one is enough

Also each employee has one day off per week not mater the day monday or Friday or any random day
And no problem if two employees or more has the same day off but onl61 day per week only

This happen every 1 month (31 days) sometimes 30 days or 29
but the day off is constant for the whole year or for ever

Is there equation for this how to calculate

Last edited by Hannibal lecter (2023-06-18 03:43:54)

#4 2023-06-18 04:06:27

Hannibal lecter

the second problem I got as you will see in the next photo..

the first photo I show to you was in month May
in the second photo it's the next month which is June schedule

2023-06-18-185938.png

in the May the day1 start at Monday until  Day5 which is Friday which is the OFF day of X1 employee
so I started to fill and trying and tests thier schedules according to this
but at Day31 of May it was Wed and it was (D) shift for the X1 employee the end of the month
then at June the sixth Month it most continue in (D) shift until his Friday OFF
so I can't save the pattern inside my mind and apply it for each month because it has to be a specific calculations for each months
because some month also start for example at Sunday which is the OFF of the X3 employee
I just want to make a schedule  so I make sure I don't make any mistakes
and I want to know how to customize it for example I want to change few things like I want in Day5 2 employee at afternoon shifts instead of them at Daylight shift

#5 2023-06-18 04:48:52

Hannibal lecter

Also my last problem with that os how to apply
That schedule for 200 employee or 250

#6 2023-06-18 07:25:00

Bob
Administrator

I've been working on part one. I'll have to leave part two for another day.

What I offer here is not really a solution but rather a way you can find your own best solution.

Firstly to make the ideal grid.  As each worker must be allowed one day off in seven I think you'll find it easier to work in blocks of 28 days rather than calendar months.

I'm assuming you don't want the workplace idle so I've tried to have A, D and N on every day.  You say only one N is needed per day so I started with those.  Working at night is likely to be less popular I have given all four workers some Ns and followed these with a day off to get the sleep patterns settled once more.  I also inserted the other two Xs in the same places in the other weeks. there was no need to do this so you might experiment with other places for the Xs.

In 28 days each worker has 4 days off, so works for 24; so 96 work-days to allocate. I've done the Ns,(28 of these) so that leaves 68 to allocate. Unfortunately not divisible by 4 so there will be a lack of symmetry between the workers. But later I'll show how to get round this.

So then I put in the As and Ds; I tried to get large blocks of the same shift because it's easier for the workers to settle into a regular pattern. I didn't entirely manage this; so this is sonething you could play around with. here's my rota:

fxHTG5g.gif

At the end of week 4 worker 1 transfers to worker 2s rota and worker 2 transfers to worker 1s. That way it evens out the number of Ns, Ds and As. Similarly workers 3 and 4 swop rotas for weeks 5 to 8.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Bob

ps. Had a quick look at your other posts.  The May into June problem is solved if you work the rota on 28 day segments regardless of the month.

To extend it to more workers you just need to write more rows. 250 would be a bit tricky on a piece of paper. Why not create blocks of workers, say ten per block. Do the rota for one group of ten and then allocate all the others using the same pattern.

You cannot teach a man anything;  you can only help him find it within himself..........Galileo Galilei

#7 2023-06-18 08:25:04

Hannibal lecter

Why there is DDAD and AAAD
I want everyweek to still same like six days and sixs nights continuously how to do that

Also your schedule has a small mistake there is eight A it has to be 6 A then OFF
And is there general equation for that

Also the employees are security officers in airport
I Can't just do it with 28 days
They have to work the whole month I don't want the airport be empty from the officers every morning i need and officer at list and everynight and afternoon the other 225 are security inspectors also i need at least 70 of them at daylight and 70 at afternoon and 60 of them at night
No problem with night can be lesser because night is not important there is less passengers traveling at night

Last edited by Hannibal lecter (2023-06-18 08:31:46)

#8 2023-06-21 08:00:12

Hannibal lecter

Now my question is if x4 isa flip employee to cover the off days
How much flip employees i need if tger is 50 employee or 200

Because you know if i have x1 and x2 and x3 i can't maje this schedule without x4 because there will be days without anyone at or 0 zero days
But what about large numberes
How many i need

Last edited by Hannibal lecter (2023-06-21 08:04:45)

#9 2023-06-22 01:37:26

Bob
Administrator

You are gradually 'feeding' me all the information. I'm not sure what the 'rules' are for officers but you should be able to do something similar to what I describe here.

Let's start with the A duty.  If you want 6 days on and then one day off, organise you employees into groups of 7. In each group the day off is different so the pattern would be

AAAAAAX
AAAAAXA
AAAAXAA
AAAXAAA
AAXAAAA
AXAAAAA
XAAAAAA

At the end of a month, whatever the day of the week, they can just carry on with that pattern. Each employee would have the same duty and same day off every time.

You can adopt the same pattern for the next group of 7, and the next, and the next ......

The D duty people can follow a similar pattern, replacing A with D.  You can employ as many groups of 7 as you need.

The N duty people can work similarly; but needs less groups altogether.

How are they paid? If it's a fixed monthly amount then they'll do less work for that pay some months and more for other months. Over a longer time it will balance out.  If they are 'on a clocking in/out system' then it means more work for the office to work out the wages but you can adjust for days missing, etc more easily.

Is there an equation? I don't think so but your '6 days on one day off rule' makes it sensible to work out everything in 7s.

Bob

#10 2023-06-22 05:56:47

Hannibal lecter

I have a late question then I'll continue to work on this pattern you provided to me
but first may I know something
if I have 3 employee only I can't make a schedule lick that
because for example :
Sat    Sun     Mon     Tue     Wed      Thu       Fri
A       A       A        A      A      A      X     -------x1
D       D       D       D      D      X     D     -------x2
N       N       N       X      N      N     N     -------x3

mr bob every time the one of these employee goes off we miss someone at a specific time
for example look at Tuesday the X3 got off in that day so no one exist at NightShift(10PM-6AM) note that the 10PM started in monday and that shift ended 6AM in Tuesday we called it the nightshift

so obviously we need 1 extra employee to solve that problem

my question is what if we have 50 employees do I need 10 extra employees to solve the situation?
how to calculate how many extra employee I need in general

Last edited by Hannibal lecter (2023-06-22 05:58:25)

#11 2023-06-22 22:24:14

Bob
Administrator

if I have 3 employee only

But, from what you have said, that won't happen. You are planning to have lots more and that makes it easy to avoid unfilled duties.

If you've got 50 employees, call that 49 plus one spare. The spare fills in to cover absences.

The 49 can be 7D + 7D + 7D + 7A + 7A + 7A + 7N and, by distributing them like I have said you have every duty covered as the days off are staggered.

Perhaps you should start from the other end and ask 'How many staff do I want on duty at each time to ensure good coverage?"  Round those numbers up to a multiple of 7 and you can set up the rotas.  With that number you should have a few spares to fill in for absences.

Bob

#12 2023-06-23 03:23:53

Hannibal lecter

Bob wrote:

if I have 3 employee only

But, from what you have said, that won't happen. You are planning to have lots more and that makes it easy to avoid unfilled duties.

If you've got 50 employees, call that 49 plus one spare. The spare fills in to cover absences.

The 49 can be 7D + 7D + 7D + 7A + 7A + 7A + 7N and, by distributing them like I have said you have every duty covered as the days off are staggered.

Perhaps you should start from the other end and ask 'How many staff do I want on duty at each time to ensure good coverage?"  Round those numbers up to a multiple of 7 and you can set up the rotas.  With that number you should have a few spares to fill in for absences.

Bob

They are supervisors the 4 employee
But at checkpoint fir example I need 21 employee at A shift and at D shift and at N shift less
At terminal I need 25 every A,D and N shift

Thier sum is 46 lets say 50 per shift
So how many extra employees I need to cover the OFF days  Don't know if they are enough or not
I want to know the specific number
To get less cost so no need to employee a lot of employees for nothing
For example if i got 50 and need 6 more
That's less cost from employee 17 extra one for nothing

Board footer