Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-02-10 16:40:58

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Bowling Quotes - I

Bowling Quotes - I

1. I don't know what it is about fast bowling. I guess it's the ability to do something that nobody else can really do. - Dale Steyn

2. Partnerships are not just about bowling in tandem all the time. It all is about helping the other guy get in the right frame of mind. - James Anderson

3. All I do is work hard. Try and work on my bowling and keep improving every day. That's the key to success at the international level and in tournaments like the IPL. - Imran Tahir

4. Fast bowling is an art, like spin bowling. - Kapil Dev

5. I don't want a new ball when I am bowling in the subcontinent. I want an old ball that can't get hit out of the ground. I want a ball that when I bowl doesn't have true bounce, so that the batsman can't hit it. - Dale Steyn

6. Not many days you get a nice, fast bowling wicket. - Jofra Archer

7. There's a lot of guys who can bowl 150 km/h when you give them the ball when they're fresh in the morning, but can they do it late in the afternoon when it's boiling hot and they're bowling their 20th over for the day? I want to be able to do that and I want to be the only guy who is able to do that. - Dale Steyn

8. An all-rounder is someone who can make it to the team purely on the basis of his batting or bowling. Not both. - Garfield Sobers

9. It is important to have a clear head while bowling at the death, and one has to have self-belief. - Jasprit Bumrah

9. You can't make three or four spinners bowl the exact number of overs. You don't see the number of overs bowled by them before you make a bowling change; you see who looks effective and make a bowling change. - MS Dhoni

10. At that speed, batsmen are almost trying to premeditate where the ball will be - they feel like they don't have time to react or move. That's the difference between bowling in the mid-80s and the mid-90s. - James Anderson

11. Down the mine I dreamed of cricket; I bowled imaginery balls in the dark; I sent the stumps spinning and heard them rattling in the tunnels. No mishap was going to stop me from bowling in the real game, especially this one. - Harold Larwood

12. It is one thing being scrutinised for playing a bad shot as a batsman or bowling a bad spell as a bowler, but the captaincy adds an extra dimension. The criticism is slightly harder to take. - Andrew Flintoff.

Umesh-test.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer