Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-12 22:25:24

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Boredom Quotes and Borrow Quotes

Boredom and Borrow Quotes

1. Virtuous people often revenge themselves for the constraints to which they submit by the boredom which they inspire. - Confucius

2. I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse. - Isaac Asimov

3. The presidency has many problems, but boredom is the least of them. - Richard M. Nixon

4. Boredom: the desire for desires. - Leo Tolstoy

5. There's a rebirth that goes on with us continuously as human beings. I don't understand, personally, how you can be bored. I can understand how you can be depressed, but I just don't understand boredom. - Dustin Hoffman

6. I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow. - Woodrow Wilson

7. If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some. - Benjamin Franklin

8. Borrow trouble for yourself, if that's your nature, but don't lend it to your neighbours. - Rudyard Kipling

9. A poet ought not to pick nature's pocket. Let him borrow, and so borrow as to repay by the very act of borrowing. Examine nature accurately, but write from recollection, and trust more to the imagination than the memory. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

10. A nation' s strength ultimately consists in what it can do on its own, and not in what it can borrow from others. - Indira Gandhi

11. I have a small house so I borrow everything except art, that's what I love. - Salma Hayek

12. I lend my daughter beauty products, but only as a treat. If she's going to a party, I'll let her borrow a mascara or moisturizer. - Kate Winslet

13. The U.N. doesn't have any troops; we borrow them from governments. - Kofi Annan

14. The government's focus is very clear: borrow, build, monetise and repay. Anurag Thakur.

Four-Reasons-Successful-Businesses-Borrow-Money.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer