Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-04 16:56:49

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Born Quotes - IV

Born Quotes - IV

1. We're still living with the old paradigm of age as an arch. That's the old metaphor: You're born, you peak at midlife and decline into decrepitude. - Jane Fonda

2. As a boy, because I was born and raised in Ohio, about 60 miles north of Dayton, the legends of the Wrights have been in my memories as long as I can remember. - Neil Armstrong

3. I sometimes feel that I have been born to attract controversy. - Amitabh Bachchan

4. I was born on January 8, 1942, exactly three hundred years after the death of Galileo. I estimate, however, that about two hundred thousand other babies were also born that day. I don't know whether any of them was later interested in astronomy. - Stephen Hawking

5. I was born and raised on a farm, where boys had chores and girls did not, i.e., drive tractors, bale hay, take care of cattle. - Holly Hunter

6. Mathematicians are born, not made. - Henri Poincare

7. I want to clear this once and for all. I was born in Hong Kong. I grew up in Japan and China. London is not home for me. I was there only for three years before I moved to India, but that's probably why I am connected with it. London is definitely not the place I consider my home. It's India that I consider home. - Katrina Kaif

8. Mountains will go into labour, and a silly little mouse will be born. - Horace

9. We are born weak, we need strength; helpless, we need aid; foolish, we need reason. All that we lack at birth, all that we need when we come to man's estate, is the gift of education. Jean-- Jacques Rousseau

10. Maybe I was born to be a merchant, maybe it was fate. I don't know about that. But I know this for sure: I loved retail from the very beginning. - Sam Walton

11. I had no idea of the character. But the moment I was dressed, the clothes and the make-up made me feel the person he was. I began to know him, and by the time I walked onto the stage he was fully born. - Charlie Chaplin

12. I was born in Harlem, raised in the South Bronx, went to public school, got out of public college, went into the Army, and then I just stuck with it. - Colin Powell

13. When we are born we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools. - William Shakespeare

14. I believe with all my heart that America remains 'the great idea' that inspires the world. It is a privilege to be born here. It is an honor to become a citizen here. It is a gift to raise your family here, to vote here, and to live here. Arnold Schwarzenegger

15. By ancestry, I was born to rule. - Nelson Mandela.

_113392013_gettyimages-1146209742.jpg.webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer