Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-29 17:42:14

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Book Quotes - III

Books Quotes - III

1. The only books that influence us are those for which we are ready, and which have gone a little farther down our particular path than we have yet got ourselves. - E. M. Forster

2. The instruction we find in books is like fire. We fetch it from our neighbours, kindle it at home, communicate it to others, and it becomes the property of all. - Voltaire

3. What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books. - Sigmund Freud

4. For a highly motivated learner, it's not like knowledge is secret and somehow the Internet made it not secret. It just made knowledge easy to find. If you're a motivated enough learner, books are pretty good. - Bill Gates

5. Some people play the piano, some do Sudoku, some watch television, some people go out to dinner parties. I write books. - Boris Johnson

6. I had a friend who worked at a hospice, and he said people in their final moments don't discuss their successes, awards or what books they wrote or what they accomplished. They only talk about their loves and their regrets, and I think that's very telling. - Brad Pitt

7. The book salesman should be honored because he brings to our attention, as a rule, the very books we need most and neglect most. - Confucius

8. Books, the children of the brain. - Jonathan Swift

9. The proper study of mankind is books. - Aldous Huxley

10. And they write innumerable books; being too vain and distracted for silence: seeking every one after his own elevation, and dodging his emptiness. - T. S. Eliot

11. Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint. - Mark Twain

12. I don't believe in personal immortality; the only way I expect to have some version of such a thing is through my books. - Isaac Asimov

13. Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. - T. E. Lawrence

14. It is from books that wise people derive consolation in the troubles of life. - Victor Hugo

15. A man loses contact with reality if he is not surrounded by his books. - Francois Mitterrand.

top-10-books-every-college-student-read-e1464023124869.jpeg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer