Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-10 00:05:48

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Body Quotes - II

Body Quotes - II

1. A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body - the wishbone. - Robert Frost

2. No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause. - Theodore Roosevelt

3. On the average, five times as many people read the headline as read the body copy. When you have written your headline, you have spent eighty cents out of your dollar. - David Ogilvy

4. Certain thoughts are prayers. There are moments when, whatever be the attitude of the body, the soul is on its knees. - Victor Hugo

5. Our body is a machine for living. It is organized for that, it is its nature. Let life go on in it unhindered and let it defend itself. - Leo Tolstoy

6. Thou seest how sloth wastes the sluggish body, as water is corrupted unless it moves. - Ovid

7. Of course we all know Biden is the intellect of the Democratic Party. Kind of a grin with a body behind it. - Clint Eastwood

8. We must no more ask whether the soul and body are one than ask whether the wax and the figure impressed on it are one. - Aristotle

9. The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up. - Marilyn Monroe

10. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind. Mahatma Gandhi

11. There is a strange kind of human being in whom there is an eternal struggle between body and soul, animal and god, for dominance. In all great men this mixture is striking, and in none more so than in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. - Alfred Einstein

12. What is a epigram? A dwarfish whole. Its body brevity, and wit its soul. - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

13. It doesn't surprise me that men in their twenties and thirties are often looking for a much older woman. What is the problem with a man of 30 being with a woman of 50? It is a matter of energy and the soul, not a matter of age of the body. - Monica Bellucci

14. I wanted to get really fit. I wanted to lose some weight. So I've been doing Pilates and yoga, trying to lean out my body so I won't be bulky. - Serena Williams

15. I have never been a quitter. To leave office before my term is completed is opposed to every instinct in my body. But as president I must put the interests of America first Therefore, I shall resign the presidency effective at noon tomorrow. - Richard M. Nixon

16. There are places on a man's head that are as hard as a rock. Your head's actually stronger than your body. And you don't have too many instruments up there workin'. But you got a lot of tools workin' in that body: the liver, the kidneys, the heart, the lungs. You soften that up and see what happens. I lived by the body shot. - Joe Frazier

17. Let each know that for each the body, the mind and the soul have been freed to fulfill themselves. - Nelson Mandela

18. 'God' is a relative word and has a respect to servants, and 'Deity' is the dominion of God, not over his own body, as those imagine who fancy God to be the soul of the world, but over servants. - Isaac Newton

19. I am insecure about tomorrow. Will I get another job? Will it be appreciated? I will pursue acting for as long as I have a face and body that is acceptable to the people, but I still worry that if I don't do better tomorrow, it will all go away. - Amitabh Bachchan

20. Physical elegance, which is what I am talking about here, comes from the body. This is no superficial matter, but rather the way that man found to honour the way he places his two feet on the ground. - Paulo Coelho

21. I see tendencies, I see body language. - Michael Chang

22. Just as man can't exist without his body, so no rights can exist without the right to translate one's rights into reality, to think, to work and keep the results, which means: the right of property. - Ayn Rand

23. I haven't died in a movie in a while,'The Departed,' 'Body of Lies,' 'Revolutionary Road,' 'Shutter Island' and 'Inception.' I guess I did die in 'The Departed.' - Leonardo DiCaprio

24. Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws. - Calvin Coolidge.

body_647_053116024351.jpg?VersionId=3zZxDlq3Ok_HB8VJtXqsII.KCGKbYz29&size=690:388

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer