Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-07 17:00:24

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Boast Quotes

Boast Quotes

1. Nothing is more deceitful than the appearance of humility. It is often only carelessness of opinion, and sometimes an indirect boast. - Jane Austen

2. People who boast about their I.Q. are losers. - Stephen Hawking

3. Be bold and boast, just like the math beside the hen. - Aeschylus

4. We regard wealth as something to be properly used, rather than as something to boast about. As for poverty, no one need be ashamed to admit it: the real shame is in not taking practical measures to escape from it. - Pericles

5. Buonaparte has often made his boast that our fleet would be worn out by keeping the sea and that his was kept in order and increasing by staying in port; but know he finds, I fancy, if Emperors hear the truth, that his fleet suffers more in a night than ours in one year. - Horatio Nelson

6. None but a coward dares to boast that he has never known fear. - Bertrand Russell.

depositphotos_47075639-stock-photo-young-man-showing-something.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer