Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-07 15:29:45

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Big Thing and Big Things Quotes

Big Thing and Big Things Quotes

1. When I first starting making money, when I first made my first six-digits, I was - my big thing was I went to put super unleaded in my truck for the first time. - Matthew McConaughey

2. I feel that in spite of having a big launch with 'RNBDJ' (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi) and the film doing well for me in terms of getting appreciation, I don't think it made me the next big thing. - Anushka Sharma

3. The desktop metaphor was invented because one, you were a stand-alone device, and two, you had to manage your own storage. That's a very big thing in a desktop world. And that may go away. You may not have to manage your own storage. You may not store much before too long. - Steve Jobs

4. I think I have enough of a sense to know what works for me and what doesn't, without going into some big thing and analyzing what I do. I'm in a position that allows me to do what I want to do, and I do it. - Eddie Murphy

5. Otherness is a big thing for me. I'm always drawn to characters that live lives that I couldn't lead. - Jodie Foster

6. Four hundred is a lot. When I was young, I remember Kapil Dev getting it, and it was quite a big thing. An Indian had taken it. I feel honoured and proud that God has given me a chance to reach 400 wickets. It's a big thing for me; I don't know about others. - Harbhajan Singh

7. Probably because I'm from a middle class family, I have that nature in me that I don't get too excited with big things. - Virat Kohli

8. We proved that we are still a people capable of doing big things and tackling our biggest challenges. - Barack Obama

9. You can't jump from little things to big things. It just takes time and patience. - Nadia Comaneci

10. As president, Reagan worked very well with Democrats to do big things. It is true that he worked to reduce the size of government and cut federal taxes and he eliminated many regulations, but he also raised taxes when necessary. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

11. It's nice to put your hand up and do the big things the team requires of you. - Ricky Ponting

12. You will find that the State is the kind of organization which, though it does big things badly, does small things badly, too. - John Kenneth Galbraith

13. Big things, a real crisis, I think I'm pretty good, but this little thing will just wallop me. I think I'm managing depression better now: when the mood comes, I just try and sit it out. - Andrew Flintoff

14. I'm expecting big things from our bowlers, from Peter Siddle, who plays the enforcer role, Stuart Clark, Mitchell Johnson and Brett Lee when he gets fit again. In batting, there's Phil Hughes, whose already done well for Australia and scored hundreds for Middlesex. - Glenn McGrath.

20170826_161055.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer