Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-23 16:23:37

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Between Quotes

Between Quotes

1. Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance. - Plato

2. The way to crush the bourgeoisie is to grind them between the millstones of taxation and inflation. - Vladimir Lenin

3. If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future. - Winston Churchill

4. The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. - Archimedes

5. Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship. - Oscar Wilde

6. There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception. - Aldous Huxley

7. People ask the difference between a leader and a boss. The leader leads, and the boss drives. - Theodore Roosevelt

8. Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower. - Steve Jobs

9. Saving our planet, lifting people out of poverty, advancing economic growth... these are one and the same fight. We must connect the dots between climate change, water scarcity, energy shortages, global health, food security and women's empowerment. Solutions to one problem must be solutions for all. - Ban Ki-moon

10. A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past. - Fidel Castro

11. The strong man is the one who is able to intercept at will the communication between the senses and the mind. - Napoleon Bonaparte

12. But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. - Khalil Gibran

13. There is only one difference between a madman and me. The madman thinks he is sane. I know I am mad. - Salvador Dali

14. The beginnings and ends of shadow lie between the light and darkness and may be infinitely diminished and infinitely increased. Shadow is the means by which bodies display their form. The forms of bodies could not be understood in detail but for shadow. - Leonardo da Vinci

15. Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. - John Kenneth Galbraith

16. Ping-pong was invented on the dining tables of England in the 19th century, and it was called Wiff-waff! And there, I think, you have the difference between us and the rest of the world. Other nations, the French, looked at a dining table and saw an opportunity to have dinner; we looked at it an saw an opportunity to play Wiff-waff. - Boris Johnson

17. The development of language is part of the development of the personality, for words are the natural means of expressing thoughts and establishing understanding between people. - Maria Montessori

18. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world's problems. - Mahatma Gandhi

19. One of the first conditions of happiness is that the link between Man and Nature shall not be broken. - Leo Tolstoy

20. The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter - 'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

21. Software is a great combination between artistry and engineering. - Bill Gates

22. The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell into the Thames, it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity. - Benjamin Disraeli

23. Love is a gross exaggeration of the difference between one person and everybody else. - George Bernard Shaw

24. The great enemy of clear language is insincerity. When there is a gap between one's real and one's declared aims, one turns, as it were, instinctively to long words and exhausted idioms, like a cuttlefish squirting out ink. - George Orwell

25. Science is beautiful when it makes simple explanations of phenomena or connections between different observations. Examples include the double helix in biology and the fundamental equations of physics. - Stephen Hawking

26. Music fills the infinite between two souls. - Rabindranath Tagore

27. I do think there must be some kind of interaction between your living life and the life that goes on from here. - Keanu Reeves

28. If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with. - Michael Jackson

29. What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult. - Sigmund Freud

30. The basic Buddhist stand on the question of equality between the genders is age-old. At the highest tantric levels, at the highest esoteric level, you must respect women: every woman. - Dalai Lama

31. There's a tremendous difference between alone and lonely. You could be lonely in a group of people. I like being alone. I like eating by myself. I go home at night and just watch a movie or hang out with my dog. I have to exert myself and really say, oh God, I've got to see my friends 'cause I'm too content being by myself. - Drew Barrymore

32. There's a difference between fair game and playing games. - Hillary Clinton

33. All treaties between great states cease to be binding when they come in conflict with the struggle for existence. - Otto von Bismarck

34. My vision is for a fully reusable rocket transport system between Earth and Mars that is able to re-fuel on Mars - this is very important - so you don't have to carry the return fuel when you go there. - Elon Musk

35. I am in politics because of the conflict between good and evil, and I believe that in the end good will triumph. - Margaret Thatcher

36. Every mind must make its choice between truth and repose. It cannot have both. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

37. I like crossing the imaginary boundaries people set up between different fields - it's very refreshing. - Maryam Mirzakhani

38. Mathematical science shows what is. It is the language of unseen relations between things. But to use and apply that language, we must be able fully to appreciate, to feel, to seize the unseen, the unconscious. - Ada Lovelace

39. There is only one difference between a long life and a good dinner: that, in the dinner, the sweets come last. - Robert Louis Stevenson

40. An imbalance between rich and poor is the oldest and most fatal ailment of all republics. - Plutarch

41. Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe. - Edmund Burke

42. Depending upon my activities, I sleep between five and ten hours every night. I sleep in an extra-wide single bed, and I use only one heavy down comforter over me, summer or winter. I have never been able to wear pajamas or creepy nightgowns; they disturb my sleep. - Marilyn Monroe

43. Between stimulus and response, there is a space where we choose our response. - Stephen Covey

44. The world is given to me only once, not one existing and one perceived. Subject and object are only one. The barrier between them cannot be said to have broken down as a result of recent experience in the physical sciences, for this barrier does not exist. - Erwin Schrodinger

45. There's a difference between solitude and loneliness. I can understand the concept of being a monk for a while. - Tom Hanks

46. About the idea of a clash between cultures, between civilisations, I don't believe in it. It's something some political leaders tried to use, and that the media tried and are still trying to sell us, in order to simplify the world and their work. - Paulo Coelho.

between.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer