Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-22 17:00:56

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Better Quotes

Better Quotes

1. It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain.

2. 'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. - Alfred Lord Tennyson

3. Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow. - A. P. J. Abdul Kalam

4. Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. - Albert Einstein

5. Well done is better than well said. - Benjamin Franklin

6. It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership. - Nelson Mandela

7. Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

8. Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light. - Helen Keller

9. I don't like that man. I must get to know him better. - Abraham Lincoln

10. Enjoy the journey and try to get better every day. And don't lose the passion and the love for what you do. - Nadia Comaneci

11. Try and leave this world a little better than you found it, and when your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate, you have not wasted your time but have done your best. - Robert Baden-Powell

12. It is far better to be alone, than to be in bad company. - George Washington

13. I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you're constantly thinking about what you've done and how you could be doing it better. I think that's the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself. - Elon Musk

14. Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will. - Zig Ziglar

15. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

16. I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past. - Thomas Jefferson

17. The future will be better tomorrow. - Dan Quayle

18. Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold. - Bob Marley

19. You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for his own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful. - Marie Curie

20. There's a way to do it better - find it. - Thomas A. Edison

21. It is better to risk saving a guilty man than to condemn an innocent one. - Voltaire

22. Laws are like sausages, it is better not to see them being made. - Otto von Bismarck

23. The friend in my adversity I shall always cherish most. I can better trust those who helped to relieve the gloom of my dark hours than those who are so ready to enjoy with me the sunshine of my prosperity. - Ulysses S. Grant

24. Whatever your life's work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

25. If you live long enough, you'll make mistakes. But if you learn from them, you'll be a better person. It's how you handle adversity, not how it affects you. The main thing is never quit, never quit, never quit. - William J. Clinton

26. It's far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price. - Warren Buffett

27. Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world. - George Bernard Shaw

28. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment.  Own it. - Oprah Winfrey

29. A state is better governed which has few laws, and those laws strictly observed. - Rene Descartes

30. Better three hours too soon than a minute too late. - William Shakespeare

31. An arrogant person considers himself perfect. This is the chief harm of arrogance. It interferes with a person's main task in life - becoming a better person. - Leo Tolstoy

32. A single conversation across the table with a wise man is better than ten years mere study of books. - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

33. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. - Marilyn Monroe

34. A friendship founded on business is better than a business founded on friendship. - John D. Rockefeller

35. Silence is better than unmeaning words. - Pythagoras

36. It's better to look ahead and prepare, than to look back and regret. - Jackie Joyner-Kersee

37. Culture makes people understand each other better. And if they understand each other better in their soul, it is easier to overcome the economic and political barriers. But first they have to understand that their neighbour is, in the end, just like them, with the same problems, the same questions. - Paulo Coelho

38. We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our own 'to do' list. - Michelle Obama

39. Sometimes it is better to lose and do the right thing than to win and do the wrong thing. - Tony Blair

40. I don't need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. - Plutarch

41. We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better. - Jeff Bezos

42. Life is divided into three terms - that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future. - William Wordsworth

43. I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse. - Ronald Reagan

44. It is better to create than to learn! Creating is the essence of life. - Julius Caesar

45. It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

46. Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better. - Harry S Truman.

Better.com_.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer