Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-22 15:56:54

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Betray Quotes

Betray Quotes

1. Nature never did betray the heart that loved her. - William Wordsworth

2. Your representative owes you, not his industry only, but his judgment; and he betrays instead of serving you if he sacrifices it to your opinion. - Edmund Burke

3. Silence is a true friend who never betrays. - Confucius

4. Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause. - Mahatma Gandhi

5. I'll never tell a lie. I'll never make a misleading statement. I'll never betray the confidence that any of you had in me. And I'll never avoid a controversial issue. - Jimmy Carter

6. When a citizen gives his suffrage to a man of known immorality he abuses his trust; he sacrifices not only his own interest, but that of his neighbor; he betrays the interest of his country. - Noah Webster

7. In politics it is necessary either to betray one's country or the electorate. I prefer to betray the electorate. - Charles de Gaulle

8. There is nothing in which people more betray their character than in what they laugh at. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

9. Every nation whose affairs betray a want of wisdom and stability may calculate on every loss which can be sustained from the more systematic policy of its wiser neighbors. - James Madison

10. Alas! how difficult it is not to betray one's guilt by one's looks. - Ovid.

negative-d006-512.png

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer