Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-18 16:44:57

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Benefit Quotes

Benefit Quotes

1. To all those who have suffered as a consequence of our troubled past I extend my sincere thoughts and deep sympathy. With the benefit of historical hindsight we can all see things which we would wish had been done differently or not at all. - Queen Elizabeth II

2. A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses. - Hippocrates

3. The gig economy is empowerment. This new business paradigm empowers individuals to better shape their own destiny and leverage their existing assets to their benefit. - John McAfee

4. All religions try to benefit people, with the same basic message of the need for love and compassion, for justice and honesty, for contentment. - Dalai Lama

5. All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue, and every prudent act, is founded on compromise and barter. - Edmund Burke

6. One who has no love in his heart will try to possess everything for himself. One who has love in his heart is ready to sacrifice everything, including his own body, for the benefit of others. - Thiruvalluvar

7. There is the greatest practical benefit in making a few failures early in life. - Thomas Huxley

8. I am personally a big believer that technology is the biggest driver of human development, and if you can use technology to benefit people, then that's the best business you can have. - Mukesh Ambani

9. If you're not producing as much as you consume, or perhaps a little more, then clearly we cannot use the big organization of our society for the purpose of keeping you alive, because your life does not benefit us, and it can't be of very much use to yourself. - George Bernard Shaw

10. Tourism is a very big economic benefit to the Sherpa people, and also, they have very strong ties to their own social attitudes and their own religion, so fortunately, they're not too influenced by many of our Western attitudes. - Edmund Hillary

11. A walk in nature is a perfect backdrop to combine exercise, prayer, and meditation while enhancing the benefit of these activities. - Chuck Norris

12. It is generally believed that it is the students who derive benefit by working under the guidance of a professor. In reality, the professor benefits equally by his association with gifted students working under him. - C. V. Raman

13. Our youth deserve the opportunity to complete their high school and college education, free of early parenthood. Their future children deserve the opportunity to grow up in financially and emotionally stable homes. Our communities benefit from healthy, productive, well-prepared young people. - Jane Fonda

14. When a Benefit is wrongly conferred, the author of the Benefit may often be said to injure. - Plato

15. Our nuclear scientists and engineers have done a splendid job, and naturally, the entire nation has risen to salute their professional excellence, discipline, and patriotism. They have had the benefit of having been led in the past by great men like Homi Bhabha and Vikram Sarabhai. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

16. War isn't just about bravery and courage and jingoism and patriotism. It's also fundamentally about grief. And the people that go and do the fighting and the dying are never the people who actually benefit from the fighting and the dying. - Russell Crowe

17. The revenues of Cuban state-run companies are used exclusively for the benefit of the people, to whom they belong. - Fidel Castro

18. America is a friend to the people of Iraq. Our demands are directed only at the regime that enslaves them and threatens us. When these demands are met, the first and greatest benefit will come to Iraqi men, women and children. - George W. Bush

19. The President is going to benefit from me reporting directly to him when I arrive. - Dan Quayle

20. Judging from the experience of the European War, imperialism renders no great benefit to any nation, whereas liberty for all nationalities is the only principle by which humanity will ever be saved. - Sun Yat-sen

21. We will ensure that the important characters of what make 'Make in India' an important flagship programme for PM Modi is given full play for defence production. 'Make in India' needs to take over so we benefit from what is manufactured in India and finds an international market. - Nirmala Sitharaman

22. The more powerful a technology greater care should be used to benefit fro it. India should not be left behind the world. From the past revolution of nuclear technology we saw how it could destruct and at the same time were useful for medical science. - M. S. Swaminathan

23. Often they benefit who suffer wrong. - Ovid

24. The biggest benefit of Apollo was the inspiration it gave to a growing generation to get into science and aerospace. - Buzz Aldrin

25. For every benefit you receive a tax is levied. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

26. Selectors can't please everyone, but I am OK if they are working for the benefit of Indian cricket. It's an administrative decision to appoint a selection committee, and I would like to let them do their job. - Kapil Dev

27. No, no, it is obvious that the ECU should act as a close alliance for the benefit of chess. - Anatoly Karpov

28. You know you're not anonymous on our site. We're greeting you by name, showing you past purchases, to the degree that you can arrange to have transparency combined with an explanation of what the consumer benefit is. - Jeff Bezos

29. I sometimes lament the fact that I do not have the benefit of a complete and ailment free body structure. - Amitabh Bachchan

30. Is it right to probe so deeply into Nature's secrets? The question must here be raised whether it will benefit mankind, or whether the knowledge will be harmful. - Pierre Curie

31. It occurred to me that it would benefit me to play without emotion - well, without emotion others could see, anyway. Card players profited from having a poker face so opponents wouldn't know how good or bad their hand was, and I figured a deadpan expression would work in tennis, too. - Rod Laver

32. We peruse one ideal, that of bringing people together in peace, irrespective of race, religion and political convictions, for the benefit of mankind. - Juan Antonio Samaranch

33. The Korean government is the first to declare that if you replace people with machines you have to pay a tax. It's a tax on robots. They make private companies internalise the social cost of unemployment. Social benefit is not the same as private benefit. We have to realise this. - Abhijit Banerjee

34. There are good examples of companies - Coca-Cola is one - that invested before there was a huge market in countries, and I think that ended up playing out to their benefit for decades to come. - Mark Zuckerberg

35. Neither India nor Russia perceives a threat from the strength of the other. Each sees a benefit for itself in the increased political and economic strength of the other. - Atal Bihari Vajpayee

36. Not a few other very eminent and scholarly men made the same request, urging that I should no longer through fear refuse to give out my work for the common benefit of students of Mathematics. - Nicolaus Copernicus.

cost-benefit-analysis.webp

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer