Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-17 18:07:15

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Beneath Quotes

Beneath Quotes

1. Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings. - Victor Hugo

2. All art is at once surface and symbol. Those who go beneath the surface do so at their peril. Those who read the symbol do so at their peril. It is the spectator, and not life, that art really mirrors. Diversity of opinion about a work of art shows that the work is new, complex and vital. - Oscar Wilde

3. Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

4. I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet. - Nadia Comaneci

5. Pessimists are the people who have no hope for themselves or for others. Pessimists are also people who think the human race is beneath their notice, that they're better than other human beings. - James Baldwin

6. Neither a life of anarchy nor one beneath a despot should you praise; to all that lies in the middle a god has given excellence. - Aeschylus

7. It's a terrible thing to be alone - yes it is - it is - but don't lower your mask until you have another mask prepared beneath - as terrible as you like - but a mask. - Katherine Mansfield

8. I try to give my best to everything I do. I don't think of housework as beneath my dignity; that's just the way I was brought up. - Madhuri Dixit

9. Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit. - Salman Rushdie

10. I will certainly not join politics. I would like to be remembered as a clean businessman who has not partaken in any twists and turns beneath the surface, and one who has been reasonably successful. - Ratan Tata

11. Be as a bird perched on a frail branch that she feels bending beneath her, still she sings away all the same, knowing she has wings. - Victor Hugo

12. The tyrant grinds down his slaves and they don't turn against him, they crush those beneath them. - Emily Bronte

13. It's not unusual to find big political shifts that take place beneath the surface before they're visible above the surface. - Al Gore

14. Why comes temptation but for man to meet And master and make crouch beneath his foot, And so be pedestaled in triumph? - Robert Browning

15. Through machinery, man can exert tremendous powers almost as fantastic as if he were the hero of a fairy tale. Through machinery, man can travel with an ever increasing velocity; he can fly through the air and go beneath the surface of the ocean. - Maria Montessori

16. There was a lake beneath me, but the big, heavy parachute which had to be opened two miles above the ground couldn't be steered. My first thought was, 'Lord, they send just one woman into space, and she has to end up in the water.' - Valentina Tereshkova.

Clge9eoc_400x400.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer