Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-16 16:05:23

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Below Quotes

Below Quotes

1. No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it. - Theodore Roosevelt

2. Love rules the court, the camp, the grove, And men below, and saints above: For love is heaven, and heaven is love. - Walter Scott

3. I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect. - Oscar Wilde

4. The poet ranks far below the painter in the representation of visible things, and far below the musician in that of invisible things. - Leonardo da Vinci

5. Man wants but little here below, nor wants that little long. - Oliver Goldsmith

6. The product of mental labor - science - always stands far below its value, because the labor-time necessary to reproduce it has no relation at all to the labor-time required for its original production. - Karl Marx

7. The sea does not belong to despots. Upon its surface men can still exercise unjust laws, fight, tear one another to pieces, and be carried away with terrestrial horrors. But at thirty feet below its level, their reign ceases, their influence is quenched, and their power disappears. - Jules Verne

8. We've climbed the mighty mountain. I see the valley below, and it's a valley of peace. - George W. Bush

9. Part of the reason for the ugliness of adults, in a child's eyes, is that the child is usually looking upwards, and few faces are at their best when seen from below. - George Orwell

10. Man is a spiritual intelligence, who has taken flesh with the object of gaining experience in worlds below the spiritual, in order that he may be able to master and to rule them, and in later ages take his place in the creative and directing hierarchies of the universe. - Annie Besant

11. We live in a country with a vast majority of people below the poverty line. Our natural resources are limited and getting scarcer. - Amala Akkineni

12. So is man's heart. The desire to perform a work which will endure, which will survive him, is the origin of his superiority over all other living creatures here below. It is this which has established his dominion, and this it is which justifies it, over all the world. - Jules Verne

13. He who surpasses or subdues mankind, must look down on the hate of those below. - Lord Byron

14. There are large numbers of people in India below the poverty line; there are large numbers of people who lead a meager existence. They want to find a little escape from the hardships of life and come and watch something colorful and exciting and musical. Indian cinema provides that. - Amitabh Bachchan

15. Starting reforms in the Soviet Union was only possible from above, only from above. Any attempt to go from below was suppressed, suppressed in a most resolute way. - Mikhail Gorbachev

16. The secretariat will play a pivotal role in decision-making above a certain level, where basic policies are involved, but below that, we will have to leave the implementation to whoever is in charge. - Rajiv Gandhi

17. For Leicestershire, through the age groups, I didn't bowl at all. My height was below average for my age up until 17 when I had a big growth spurt. My bowling kicked on from there because I could get bounce from a fuller length and shape the ball away. - Stuart Broad

18. I like the South: Southern literature and that relationship between grotesqueness and living below the Mason-Dixon line. But I also understand that people view it as a limitation - as an actor and as a person - perceptions that are really wrong: that you are ignorant and possibly illiterate, or that it's cute. - Holly Hunter

19. There are certain directors I have worked with who build up the scene and get you all excited, but when you actually do it, it falls below your expectation. - Vivek Oberoi

20. We have shared responsibility for global climate; we have to reduce climate change below 2 degrees Celsius. - Angela Merkel.

below.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer