Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-15 15:41:00

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Belonged Quotes

Belonged Quotes

1. I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else. - Marilyn Monroe

2. Jesus Christ belonged to the true race of prophets. He saw with open eye the mystery of the soul. Drawn by its severe harmony, ravished with its beauty, he lived in it and had his being there. Alone in all history, he estimated the greatness of man. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

3. I am happy with my family and my colleagues and want to continue making my own kind of cinema. I have never belonged to any camp and have no friends in the industry. Most of them will pay lip service, but when it comes to doing, they tend to shy away. - Sunny Deol

4. My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here. - Oprah Winfrey

5. Many years ago, when I was born in the '50s - '50s and '60s didn't belong to girls in India. They belonged to boys. They belonged to boys who would join business and inherit business from parents, and girls would be dolled up to get married. - Kiran Bedi

6. In the first English class I attended, Prof. E. H. Elliot, addressing me, asked if I really belonged to the Junior B. A. class, and I had to answer him in the affirmative. He then proceeded to inquire how old I was. - C. V. Raman

7. I never really felt I belonged; there was always a sense of apartness. At school, I was the cricketer. - Andrew Flintoff

8. As children we recognized that we belonged to an unusual, even exceptional, family, but the effect was different on each of us. - David Rockefeller

9. I threw my 20th birthday party at Brown, and I didn't even have to say to anyone not to put pictures on Facebook. Not a single picture went up. That was when I knew I'd found a solid group of friends, and I felt like I belonged. - Emma Watson

10. The leader of genius must have the ability to make different opponents appear as if they belonged to one category. - Adolf Hitler

11. When I was born, there was a very isolated idea of what it meant to be a man or a woman, and you belonged to one gender or the other. - Javier Bardem

12. I think gymnastics was associated with the 10. I thought that belonged to the sport, and somehow we gave it way. - Nadia Comaneci

13. There are massive camps in Bollywood. I never belonged to any camps, but I think it was a wrong move. I should have had. It affects your career. It's one big family. - Govinda.

You-can-t-fit-where-you-never-belonged?size=400

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer