Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-14 17:46:30

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Belong Quotes

Belong Quotes

1. Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. - Voltaire

2. If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. - Mother Teresa

3. The future doesn't belong to the fainthearted; it belongs to the brave. - Ronald Reagan

4. I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong. - Queen Elizabeth II

5. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong. - N. R. Narayana Murthy

6. Your children are not your children. They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself. They came through you but not from you and though they are with you yet they belong not to you. - Khalil Gibran

7. The megalomaniac differs from the narcissist by the fact that he wishes to be powerful rather than charming, and seeks to be feared rather than loved. To this type belong many lunatics and most of the great men of history. - Bertrand Russell

8. It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected. - Mark Twain

9. Humans are amphibians - half spirit and half animal. As spirits they belong to the eternal world, but as animals they inhabit time. - C. S. Lewis

10. Nature and books belong to the eyes that see them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

11. I think luck falls on not just the brave but also the ones who believe they belong there. - Novak Djokovic

12. I would rather belong to a poor nation that was free than to a rich nation that had ceased to be in love with liberty. - Woodrow Wilson

13. The sea does not belong to despots. Upon its surface men can still exercise unjust laws, fight, tear one another to pieces, and be carried away with terrestrial horrors. But at thirty feet below its level, their reign ceases, their influence is quenched, and their power disappears. - Jules Verne

14. The first condition of marriage between a man and a woman is that both must belong to each other totally. - Munshi Premchand

15. The ancients considered mechanics in a twofold respect: as rational, which proceeds accurately by demonstration, and practical. To practical mechanics all the manual arts belong, from which mechanics took its name. - Isaac Newton

16. Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised, or a little mistaken. - Jane Austen

17. I get asked a lot why Apple's customers are so loyal. It's not because they belong to the Church of Mac! That's ridiculous. Steve Jobs

18. I belong to the generation of workers who, born in the villages and hamlets of rural Poland, had the opportunity to acquire education and find employment in industry, becoming in the course conscious of their rights and importance in society. - Lech Walesa

19. Solitary decisions, no matter how well-founded they may appear to individuals, must belong to the past - along with national, unilateralist action. - Helmut Kohl

20. The revenues of Cuban state-run companies are used exclusively for the benefit of the people, to whom they belong. - Fidel Castro

21. And I want to thank Bernie Sanders. Bernie, your campaign inspired millions of Americans, particularly the young people who threw their hearts and souls into our primary. You've put economic and social justice issues front and center, where they belong. - Hillary Clinton

22. Some people would claim that things like love, joy and beauty belong to a different category from science and can't be described in scientific terms, but I think they can now be explained by the theory of evolution. - Stephen Hawking

23. When I came to Los Angeles, it was the first time that I ever felt like I belong somewhere. Not because it was wacky, but because people here understood what I felt like to perform, and there were other kids my age who wanted to do it. I didn't get looked at as God, you freak. - Jennifer Love Hewitt

24. I can remember getting rejected systematically by casting directors as a young kid. I felt like the biggest outsider there ever was; that I'd never belong in that club. - Leonardo DiCaprio

25. We are justified in enforcing good morals, for they belong to all mankind; but we are not justified in enforcing good manners, for good manners always mean our own manners. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

26. I belong to a nation which over the past centuries has experienced many hardships and reverses. The world reacted with silence or with mere sympathy when Polish frontiers were crossed by invading armies and the sovereign state had to succumb to brutal force. - Lech Walesa

27. The most important opinions to me are those that belong to the guys in the changing room. - Alastair Cook

28. Above all it is important to point out that we can only maintain our prosperity in Europe if we belong to the most innovative regions in the world. - Angela Merkel

29. I still feel I belong to the theatre. There is nothing more challenging and exciting for an actor than performing before a live audience. The stage is the real testing ground for an actor. - Anupam Kher

30. As far as the industries go, in the North, they think I'm a South Indian actress; down South, I've always been thought of as a Bombay girl. I guess it's sort of an identity crisis, even though I'd like to belong to all the industries. - Tamannaah.

belong-banner-1536x864.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer