Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-14 16:03:44

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Believing Quotes

Believing Quotes

1. Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. - Voltaire

2. Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3. Seeing is not always believing. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

4. A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side. - Aristotle

5. When I was a boy, I always saw myself as a hero in comic books and in movies. I grew up believing this dream. - Elvis Presley

6. The real problem is not why some pious, humble, believing people suffer, but why some do not. - C. S. Lewis

7. Find the good. It's all around you. Find it, showcase it and you'll start believing in it. - Jesse Owens

8. This year I guess I decided in the bigger matches to take it more to my opponent instead of waiting a bit more for the mistakes. Yeah, this is I guess how you want to win Wimbledon, is by going after your shots, believing you can do it, and that's what I was able to do today. - Roger Federer

9. The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision. - Henry Kissinger

10. My parents shared not only an improbable love, they shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation. They would give me an African name, Barack, or blessed, believing that in a tolerant America your name is no barrier to success. - Barack Obama

11. Believing that the power to destroy belongs to the Creator alone I affirm... that any theory which, when carried out, demands the annihilation of force, is necessarily erroneous. - James Prescott Joule

12. Now, God be praised, that to believing souls gives light in darkness, comfort in despair. - William Shakespeare

13. Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. - George Bernard Shaw

14. I came of age believing that, no matter what happened, I would always be able to support myself. - William J. Clinton

15. It's easy to fall into the trap of believing all the hype that's written about you... Who knows? In a couple of years, you might find me in the loony bin! - Leonardo DiCaprio

16. I found out I'd spent my whole life believing things that weren't necessarily accurate. My sisters' memories of certain events are entirely different from mine. - Art Buchwald

17. When I first started on television, people, and even my own manager at the time, would tell me I had to make all of these changes. But you have to stand up and say, 'There's nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am; you're the one with the problem!' And when you can really believe that, all of a sudden other people start believing, too. - Jennifer Lopez

18. Unfortunately, in the entertainment field, sometimes you start believing your celebrity. You have a strong tendency to drift from the Lord, which I did. I did drift for a number of years. - Chuck Norris.

paper-3111146_1920.jpg?w=1920&ssl=1

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer