Math Is Fun Forum

Discussion about math, puzzles, games and fun.   Useful symbols: ÷ × ½ √ ∞ ≠ ≤ ≥ ≈ ⇒ ± ∈ Δ θ ∴ ∑ ∫ • π ƒ -¹ ² ³ °

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-10 17:00:36

Jai Ganesh
Administrator

Belief Quotes

Belief Quotes

1. One life is all we have and we live it as we believe in living it. But to sacrifice what you are and to live without belief, that is a fate more terrible than dying. - Joan of Arc

2. Allah is with people who show patience. If you are down in the dumps, Allah will help you if you have belief. But this is a personal thing between you and him. You can't fool Allah. - Mohammad Azharuddin

3. It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen. - Muhammad Ali

4. Dreams can become a reality when we possess a vision that is characterized by the willingness to work hard, a desire for excellence, and a belief in our right and our responsiblity to be equal members of society. - Janet Jackson

5. All money is a matter of belief. - Adam Smith

6. Belief is a wise wager. Granted that faith cannot be proved, what harm will come to you if you gamble on its truth and it proves false? If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing. Wager, then, without hesitation, that He exists. - Blaise Pascal

7. I have a fundamental belief in the Bible as the Word of God, written by those who were inspired. I study the Bible daily. - Isaac Newton

8. We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

9. And above all things, never think that you're not good enough yourself. A man should never think that. My belief is that in life people will take you at your own reckoning. - Isaac Asimov

10. One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important. - Bertrand Russell

11. The four characteristics of humanism are curiosity, a free mind, belief in good taste, and belief in the human race. - E. M. Forster

12. I had therefore to remove knowledge, in order to make room for belief. - Immanuel Kant

13. My great religion is a belief in the blood, the flesh, as being wiser than the intellect. We can go wrong in our minds. But what our blood feels and believes and says, is always true. The intellect is only a bit and a bridle. - D. H. Lawrence

14. Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief. - Sigmund Freud

15. In the journey of an entrepreneur, the most important thing is self-belief and the ability to convert that belief into reality. Mukesh Ambani

16. Our daily deeds as ordinary South Africans must produce an actual South African reality that will reinforce humanity's belief in justice, strengthen its confidence in the nobility of the human soul, and sustain all our hopes for a glorious life for all. - Nelson Mandela

17. It is my belief that nearly any invented quotation, played with confidence, stands a good chance to deceive. - Mark Twain

18. Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young. - W. Somerset Maugham

19. A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets. - Steve Jobs

20. You know that being an American is more than a matter of where your parents came from. It is a belief that all men are created free and equal and that everyone deserves an even break. - Harry S Truman

21. My belief is that we were put into this world of wonders and beauty with a special ability to appreciate them, in some cases to have the fun of taking a hand in developing them, and also in being able to help other people instead of overreaching them and, through it all, to enjoy life - that is, to be happy. - Robert Baden-Powell

22. Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn't matter. - Arnold Schwarzenegger

23. You can not divorce religious belief and public service. I've never detected any conflict between God's will and my political duty. If you violate one, you violate the other. - Jimmy Carter

24. Since belief determines behavior, doesn't it make sense that we should be teaching ethical, moral values in every home and in every school in America? - Zig Ziglar

25. It is my own firm belief that the strength of the soul grows in proportion as you subdue the flesh. - Mahatma Gandhi

26. The quarrels and divisions about religion were evils unknown to the heathen. The reason was because the religion of the heathen consisted rather in rites and ceremonies than in any constant belief. - Francis Bacon

27. Let us remember we are all part of one American family. We are united in common values, and that includes belief in equality under the law, basic respect for public order, and the right of peaceful protest. - Barack Obama

28. The belief is growing on me that the disease is communicated by the bite of the mosquito... She always injects a small quantity of fluid with her bite - what if the parasites get into the system in this manner. - Ronald Ross

29. Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

30. Capitalism has destroyed our belief in any effective power but that of self interest backed by force. - George Bernard Shaw

31. If we vote to Leave and take back control, all sorts of opportunities open up. Including doing new free trade deals around the world, restoring Britain's seat on all sorts of international bodies, restoring health to our democracy and belief to our democracy. - Boris Johnson

32. The want of belief is a defect that ought to be concealed when it cannot be overcome. - Jonathan Swift

33. Contrary to popular belief, I don't spend a whole lot of time following soccer. But as I have traveled around the world to better understand global development and health, I've learned that soccer is truly universal. No matter where I go, that's what kids are playing. That's what people are talking about. - Bill Gates

34. It were better to have no opinion of God at all than such a one as is unworthy of him; for the one is only belief - the other contempt. - Plutarch

35. Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, in denying them. - George Eliot

36. Man is a credulous animal, and must believe something; in the absence of good grounds for belief, he will be satisfied with bad ones. - Bertrand Russell

37. I always joke about letting the haters motivate you. Everybody has that in their life, people who doubt them or make them feel less than they are. It just takes faith and belief in yourself, and you've got to dig deep into that. That has to come from you - nobody's going to give you that. - Jennifer Lopez

38. Every man who attacks my belief, diminishes in some degree my confidence in it, and therefore makes me uneasy; and I am angry with him who makes me uneasy. - Samuel Johnson

39. It is my absolute belief that Indians have unlimited talent. I have no doubt about our capabilities. - Narendra Modi

40. Religion was nearly dead because there was no longer real belief in future life; but something was struggling to take its place - service - social service - the ants creed, the bees creed. - John Galsworthy

41. I've been very lucky, and therefore I owe it to try and reduce the inequity in the world. And that's kind of a religious belief. I mean, it's at least a moral belief. - Bill Gates

42. He is dead in this world who has no belief in another. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

bigstock-Belief-sign-with-a-beautiful-d-81397493.jpg

It appears to me that if one wants to make progress in mathematics, one should study the masters and not the pupils. - Niels Henrik Abel.

Nothing is better than reading and gaining more and more knowledge - Stephen William Hawking.

Board footer